Hifonics?????

Bronze Member
Username: Re_fan

GEORGIA US

Post Number: 18
how are hifonics amps, i used to hear a little about them years ago, but haven't in a while.their class d amps definately are a lot cheaper than most of the others.
i know you normally get what you pay for but i heard hifonics was good back in the day.i mean they are rating the 1000d at 1000 watts at 1 ohm for 200 bucks new.are the ratings real?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2069
Jamie, you are correct, you get what you pay for. Don't get fooled. Hifonics are like Boss/Pyramid/Pyle/Lanzar. Very high power numbers for super low price. If it's not close to 1w per $1, then consider it garbage.
Use common sense, Zapco's 1000w will cost you close to $1000, if not more, same for Arc Audio, Xtant, JL, PPI Art series/PC.

Anonymous

I have a hifonics BX1500d and i love it. it puts out just about what it says at 1ohm. i have had no problems, its a great amp if u cant afford to put down 1000 for an amp. its a great spl amp and i have yet to find one thats any better for the price.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1531
yea, ive had some friends run them with no complaints, but we have been lucky, i think they have a high failure rate, but its good for the price IMO, im condsidering buying 4 of there BX1500D amps

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 375
Issac then what about kicker amps for there 2500 wat rms amp is like 900 which mean its less than 50cent per watts, and they makesome decent amps jl audio amps are around 70 cent per watt xtant are around 62 cent per watt jbl amps are like 60 cent per watt. orions xtr are arearound 50sent per watt. So that dollar per watt thing is,nt totally true.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2086
It was meant as a general guide. You will find that with high end amps, it's around $1/1w range. PPI's Art series amp 600.2 was one of the best ever produced. At that time it sold for $699.
Now compare that to Sony/Pyramid/Pyle/Lanzar etc. They're 20cents or less per watt.

Username: C_tuck

Post Number: 1
I have a ZX7500 Hifonics amplifier and I am having a problem with the protection light on it. The amplifier will run for about 20 minutes or so and then the protection light will come on. Whether you are pounding it or have it barely on , the light still comes on. What is wrong with it. If you have any help i'd appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 457
oh ok...just making sure Isaac.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us