Enough power????

Bronze Member
Username: Tlo211

Post Number: 21
Im thinking about buying a Kicker KX400.1 (400watts RMS x 1 @ 2ohms, Class D, 25 Hz subsonic filter) I'm going to try and power my Kicker solobaric 12" L7 (750watt RMS) DVC 4ohm (wired for 2ohm) sub with this amp. The sub is in a vented box. Will this be enough power? I want my sub to be loud, but I don't want my sub to wear out any time soon. Also I don't have a lot of money to spend on an amp, and I can pick up this amp for only $160. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

get a KX600.1 ....it'll be way better for the sub....it has the same features as the KX400.1....little more expensive but its worth it!!!!

also you can get a JBL BP600.1 (bout $200)....but it doesnt have a subsonic filter, but you can get an inline subsonic filter for the JBL....i have a JBL 600.1....its great!!!

i highly recommend it!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Tlo211

Post Number: 23
If I had the money I would get a KX600.1, but I don't. The question was would the KX400.1 give it enough power to sound decent. I obviously know the KX600.1 is a better amp for it.

Anonymous

KX400.1 will do pretty good....it would be a goos choice....but ya may wanna get a JBL600.1, its not much more but it'll give ya a clean 600watts RMS.....well worth the extra $40!!!

only down side is that the JBL has no subsonic filter, u would have to get an inline on to put on you RCA line...prolly another $20....so that would be $60 more to get the JBL and will give 200 watts more.....thats what i would do....but thats me.....

as for the KX400.1....its a great amp and already has the subsonic filter on it...yes it will push your sub....it just wont be as loud as it could be

also, when you set your gain...dont turn the gain up too high....dont wanna clip the amp....really bad thing to do!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us