Kicker 12 inch L7 hooked up to a ORION 600d class amp rms 600 wats at 1ohm

Username: Horn899

Post Number: 1
have a kicker solobaric L7 and just ordered my new amp its ORION 600D class amp that rms 600 wats at 1 ohm is this amp powerful enough to push my 1 L7 IN MY TRUCK

Username: Dsx

Ottawa, ON CAN

Post Number: 2
What is the sub rated at? if your amp is rated at 600 RMS @1 OHM that means if your sub is a 1 OHM sub you will get the full power of the amp. Usually with Orion amps the more subs you put on them the more powerfull the amp gets, but for one sub it will work but I don't think it will push it all that great. Get 2 subs wire them into a 2 OHM load and the amp will push hard, get 3 subs wire them into a 1 OHM load and the amp will be at peak power (RMS).

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 95
seriously.. i admit i am no techno guy but c'mon Matt !

if its 600w @ 1 ohm then how can it possibly give you more rating at 2 ohm ?

adam horn..
if the subs a dual 2ohm (i assume since you chose your amp that is 1ohm stable) then wire it in parallel to get the 1ohm load..
of course you know that,
and yes the 600w @ 1ohm amp from Orion is one of the better amps out there.. will push them for good !
but you def could go for a 800w - 1000w amp (keeping your settings in safe limits) to slam 'em when you need.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1186
Lol, I agree. I don't really see how you can get more watt's than 1 sub wired at 1 ohm. Don't think that is possable.

Post Number: 3
ok thanks guys one more question i just changed my power wire and my ground wire to 4 gauge and everything is connected reall nice and the ground wire is grounded good but when hook my sub my amp gets power and my sub just barely hits do u know why this would be? mean it bbbaaarely hits
my door speakers over come the sub

Username: Dsx

Ottawa, ON CAN

Post Number: 6
I mean that the amp is rated @ 600W (RMS) @ 1 OHM,
It can take a 1 OHM load where as most amps will only handle a 2 OHM load, his sub is probable a 4 OHM sub so he is not going to get the full potential of the amp unless he runs more than one sub and wires them parallel to a 1 OHM load. Your amp is to small for one sub, like I said the more subs you put to it the more powerfull it will get and yes if you wire a dual voice coil sub parallel to each other it will be a 1 OHM load to the amp.

Post Number: 4
my amp is installed and is wired to pull a 1 ohm load and its running great thanks for the help and kicker L7 is a 2 ohm sub and if irecall the 2003 model is as low as a 1 ohm sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us