Bridge a mono amplifier???

Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
ok.... so i went and bought some speakers (there ok) and they guy installed them and he said OH OH were going to have to bridge this amp?? ...buts its a mono amp?? so is that posible soposly this "profesional" said he did it? so what do u guys think?

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
depends on the amp...usually not because there is only 1 channel

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2050
You can't bridge a mono amp. Maybe he meant connecting the subs in parallel or try and confused you.
Just like when you take your car in for repair. Some if not lot will try and tell you have problems here and there to make money. I was at Midas shop, and the service guy was telling the customer that he needed brake job, rotor replaced, new pads, transmission fluid replaced, brake fluid replaced blah blah blah. Then the customer told him that it was already done at the last visit. So he then recommended brake pads.
Now if they actually looked at the problem then there is no way that could've happened.
Really, how do you explain telling a customer that they needed a part replaced again? This is why I don't let anyone touch my car.
I am not sure if the mechanics are that stupid or just trying to make quick bucks off naive consumers.

Bronze Member
Username: Miso

Slovakia

Post Number: 45
on some amps(higher end) you can bridge TWO monoblocks,so maybe he's right,check manual.

Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 7
ok thanks ill try to chek it out to see what can i do about it

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 119
Isaac, that dude at Midas-Chances are, he was a salesman. Salesmen "pitch" what & HOW he thinks he can sell. If the vehicle had a certain # of miles on it, then yes it would be time for some of those services. BUT- there is only ONE catch, you can tell when a salesman is lying to you: If his lips are moving.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2062
Yea but an honest mechanic is suppose to look the car over first before telling a consumer what's required fixing. Anytime you have someone guessing, is when people get ripped off. Brakes are perfect example. Let's say after 60,000 miles, it needs servicing. However, if most of that mileage came from highway driving, then it will last way past 60k. To have a perfectly working and non worn out brakes replaced is a crime. I see that happening often, especially to female drivers. I don't know how those guys sleep at night.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us