Amp going straight to Protection/Diagnostic mode

Username: Allan95tbird

Fort Campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Autotek SX 1200 Amp, I hooked it up to my friends speakers and power wires ect to test it, (I dont have subs or wires yet) and it kept going straight to Protection mode on the amp and it says Diagnostic mode on the little remote.
What would cause this? I was thinking bad ground or not a big enough power wire, Hes running a Sony 1000 watt amp off the same wires. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Allan

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 130
If your friends system worked before you hooked your amp up. Then it might be the way your friend's subs are wired. Try hooking the amp up without subs and see does it go into Protection mode

Fort Campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 2
I tested it again with no subs and same thing, Could it be that the power wires arnt big enough so it cant pull enough power? He has like a 10 or 8 guage power wire on his amp.

Thanks,
Allan

Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 7
Might be because of an undervoltage. I've had amps that go into protect when they arent supplied with a minimum of x volts from the battery.

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 116
Dude, I have the very same amp. Good choice for raw power! You definitely need at LEAST 4awg wire for that bad boy. Make sure your gains are turned down for the most part. That amp DOES have a delay switch in it to power up without that aggrevating POP we all love. Try it with NO speakers and NO remote (bass remote that says diagnostic) hooked up.

Fort Campbell, Ky USA

Post Number: 3
Tried it with car running (14.2 volts), Bigger wires, nothing made it work, Could it just be a bad amp? But if it was I would think it just wouldnt work at all. The autotek site is down, gonna try to give them a call tomarrow and see what they say about it.

Thanks for the help,
Allan

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 139
Get two short 4 gauge wires and hook it straight to the battery and cross the remote wire to the hot wire it should not go into Protection mode. If it does might be a bad amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us