3 Ohm amps

Bronze Member
Username: Adampit

Post Number: 28
I am buying a 12w7 on thursday in a HO box,now i need to buy a 3 ohm amp. When i look for amps if it says for example 1200 watts at 2 ohms and 900 watts at 4 ohms, does it mean that it is around 1050 watts at 3 ohms???

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 274
yeh just aroudn around that amount, but it can differ, because that amp you mentioned above has funny power loads. usually if an amp is 900w rmswatts at 4 ohm its usually at 2 ohms around 1800rms watts. So at 3 ohms theres no way to tell exactly how much power is going to go to the subs but it should be anywhere from 900-1200 rms which is okay for that sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Opinions on MTX Thunder 1501D amp for the 12w7
750x1 @ 4 ohm
1500x1 @ 2 ohm

or would one of the Hifonic amps be better?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 285
no i would recommend mtx over hifonics any day. That amp is a good amp. Have you considered the jl 1000/1 amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
too much $$$$ for the jl otherwise yes i would purchase that one lol

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 540
Since your running the ported box the jl 500/1 would be fine, and a little cheaper than the 1000/1. IMO I wouyld spend the extra cash on the 1000/1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
What is the credability of Viper 1200.1 and Directed Audio amps... ive been told to look at those from a local stereo place that deals them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
thoughts on the Viper 1200.1 to a 12w7?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 320
#1) I'd save up the money for the JL 1000/1 amp or even a JL 500/1.
#2) If you really can't afford getting a quality amp after spending all that money on the box and sub, I'd go with the MTX amp over the Viper amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Well i am getting the sub in the box from a friend for a very low price, The JL amp is what, 700 bucks, thats alot of money for a amp. Out of my price range. I have to find an amp for around 300-400 bucks. And i went to a MTX dealer and they said that the mtx amp is too powerful for a w7. Any suggestions please on other amps in that price range that would work well please tell me. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us