Amp Question

Username: Simsta30

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 1
I am running a 1200W boss audio 4 channel amp and recently installed 2 kenwood 800W wave subs. Worked fine, then the amp kept going into protection mode when the music was turned up. I think that the subs may be draining to much power from the amp? what do u recon. Now though i took out the subs and tried to plug the speakers back into the amp and nothing happens even though there is power running through the amp......any help would be great guys!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1962
Your amp most likely couldn't handle the subs. How did you bridge the 4 channel amp? Were your subs 4ohms DVC or SVC? I am positive the Boss amp will not handle 2ohms bridged.
FYI, Boss company does not make great amps. In fact they make lousy products. If your amp is broken, don't get it repaired. Instead look at PPI PC/PCX or Art series on eBay. They will sound heck of a lot better than Boss and actually give you real rms power.
Did you set the gain/level control on the amp properly? If set too high, it will shut down as the music gets turned up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us