Archive through January 12, 2005

Username: Akko7x

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the instructions to re-program a remote keyless entry keychain for a CLifford car alarm system. The model of the keychain is AT-904020.
I don't know the model of the alarm system, but if someone can tell me where to find it I can look.

Thank in advance,

Lori

Anonymous

http://www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp

Unregistered guest
I have bought a car with a clifford alarm which i can unloc the doors and lock doors with one little green button the other little green button i do not have a clue what it does and when i hit the large green button the car alarm screams until i hit it again. so i have no clue how to use it

Unregistered guest
We just now bought a BMW with a clifford alarm and the alarm ramdomly goes off, its so scary an I haven't got a clue how to controll it! Please Help

Unregistered guest
Just bought a Ford Explorer that has a Clifford alarm installed. How do I identify exactly which model it is? Need to get a new remote for this alarm if possible. Thanks for any and all help and or suggestions.
Theo

Unregistered guest
I just installed a clifford Matrix 2 alarm and I need to add on the 2 way pager. Does anyone knows what I need to buy and waht model numbers?. What is the exact items I need to buy. From?

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 33
Ok I am going to try to help you all out in one post. Find your local cliford dealer, and ask them what they would charge to check over your alarm, and then to honor clifords life time waranty. If you purchase a cliford alarm yourself, or pay a licensed dealer to do the install, the alarm is warantied for life. Let me go into some more detail on the waranty. It covers, the alarm, the remotes, heck the place I deal with replaces the remote bateries for free.

Shah, If your alarm is a newer one they can plug it into a computer, and look at what caused the last 10 times the alarm went off. Making it very easy find the problem. (befor you go check the trunk, and hood pins) They are the normal cause of false alarms. If they are wet, dirty, or not adjusted right, they can cause lots of false alarms. One more thing to check, the power wire should have a fuse a few inches down from the battery. Pull the fuse out and make sure the terminals aren't corroded. If they are, have someone replace the fuse holder.

Mal and the, I sugest you try to get on the warenty if you can. If you decide not to, look under the dash on the drivers side. The brain should be there. If it isn't got to the baterry and find the fuse holder I was talking about in the para befor. Follow the wire to the point it enters the firewall. Have someone inside the car look as you (gentally) shake and move the wire. Once you find it on the inside follow it to the brains. Once you find the brain, look for some #s Like 500IQ, 7000IQ, or so on. They should be pretty big, but the box is black so you will need a flash light. Once you get the number, check for a product manual on the site.

One more thing to remember, and another reason I sugest you get on the waranty. All most all clifford alarms use a coded valet switch. In order to axcess any of the programing menues, (add remotes) (take advantage of all the config options) You have to have this code. The default is listed in the manual for each series alarm. However if the last owner changed it, the only way to reset it is to have a clifford dealer hook the brain up to their computer.

I hope the rest of your experiance with cliford is better. I have owned 3 and my dad has had 2. I have never had a problem, and have found clifford dealers to be very helpfull.

Unregistered guest
We have just purchased a used vehicle from a Mazda dealer and it has a Clifford alarm system. It has two remotes and only one ? "magnet" - which is needed to start the vehicle. Problem -- if the keys, with the magnet on them get lost, we cannot start the car. We have checked locally and no one knows anything about this system. Where in Canada is there a dealer who can help us?

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 51
www.clifford.com/locator/default.asp TRY THIS LINK

Ravi
Unregistered guest
Ihave a Clifford Concept 60 alarm and just recently after I arm the alarm the siren chirps every ten minutes or so. It is very quick.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Unregistered guest
Hi there, I need the wiring diagram for a old clifford alarm (cyber 3). If you could direct me to the correct location, I'd be most appreciative

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 53
Ravi Sounds like a trunk or hood pin is shorted to ground. Count the # of chirps and look in the manual. It should give a break down of what the chirps mean. I would check the inline fuse block for corosion, and make sure the hood and trunk pins are clean and properly adjusted.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
just got a new car with clifford remote entry. Left my lights on and the battery died. When I got it running again the remote would not open the car. I don't know what modle the alarm is, the remote is a rectangle, has two buttons ( I,II), and says clifford across bottom. It looks older than any off the pictures on you site. Any help?

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 63
Try this. Disconect the ground side of the battery. Leave it unhooked for a min and then reconect it. Right after you reconnect it press the lock/unlock button on your remote. You should here a few beeps after the alarm picks up the remote signal. If you have two remotes just press one, wait a sec and press the other. If this doesn't work you will have to find what model it is, and check the web site for the manual.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 64
Doug I didn't forget about you. I haven't been able to find it. I would talk to a dealer that has carried clifford for a while. Sine clifford has a life time warranty I am sure they will know were to get a wire diagram.

Unregistered guest
i have a warranty and evrytime the alarm goes wrong they charge me to fix it. the alarm recently messed up and a fuse blew...the alarm has gone all funny and evrything has reset to some weird setup. the guy is gonna charge me to fix it. should it not be done for free???

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 74
Yes it should. I have never paid to have repair work done on a clifford alarm. I put a link a few post ago to find clifford dealers. Check out your area, and give another clifford dealer a call. Tell them what is going on. I say to do this just so you are sure all Clifford alarms have the same waranty. I would almost bet my life they do, but it is always good to check. If you in fact are suppost to get repair work for free, email clifford and report the guy to them. I would even hit him up about it. If he is doing this to you, he is probably doing it to many people, and needs to be reported to the Better busness burrow, and to clifford.

Unregistered guest
Just purchased a '99 Yukon with a Clifford alarm. I haven't been able to figure the whole thing out yet but wanted to ask if a Clifford with a remote start might have some kind of fuel cut off or engine kill as part of the security system. Truck will shut off while driving down the road. The alarm also used to chirp when armed and disarmed but all of the sudden it doesn't do that anymore???

Username: Larryhogan58

Morristown, Nj United states

i bought a car with a clifford alarm, from looking at the clifford web sight i think it's an eagle II , i can not start my car and i think it has something to do with the alarm because the blower fan is not operable for the heater, nor is the electric fuel pump. i would like to try to disarm the entire system to see if it is the alarm system, ant sugestions???

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 89
Debault All clifords have a 2 or 3 point shut off. So yes it is the probably the alarm causing it. If the alarm is going off when it shuts down it could be what clifford calls black jack. It is an anti car jacking technology clifford has. It requires you to put your vallet code in every time you start the car. I would get the manual and see if you can turn it off. If the problem still doesn't stop take it in and try to get a waranty put on the alarm under your name. So if there is a problem with the brain you can get it replaced. As for the chirp, you might have put it in vallet mode. If the red light is always on and it isn't killing the engine every time you start it then both of my theories are correct. Get a manual and turn the black jack off and take it out of vallet mode, and you will be good to go.

Larry I don't know much about the eagle two but I will guess the alarm is causing it. Since you know what it is (thank you) get the manual and put it in vallet mode. Red light will stay on, and see if it will start then. If it won't go into vallet mode or still won't start once it is. Then you will need to take it in and have a clifford dealer work on it. I will again sugest you try to get a waranty under your name. You may never need it, but it is always nice to have that peice of mind.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 90
INFO FOR ALL, When i speak of the light that comes on when you put the vehical in vallet mode. I all most always say red. Most of the new clifford alarms use blue since, it is easer to see at night from a distance. So if I tell you red and you see a blue light, don't worry, your looking at the right thing.

Anonymous

I recently purchased a Suburban with a Clifford intelligard 700IQ alarm. I did not get any fobs with the car. Due to where I live/drive, I seldom lock my car, let alone use/need an alarm and was going to remove it. There are two black boxes, one under the dash, one under the drivers seat. Can I just disconnect all wires associated with the alarm? When an alarm of this type is installed are wires just spliced in, or are any of them cut and run through the alarm to provide a disable feature?

WadeSimmons
Unregistered guest
I have a 95 Integra, and I'm trying to figure out what it is to see what all the functions are. I think it is a Clifford, it Says "PRIME" on it , ands the 4 buttons are : Lock, Unlock, Start, and #. It used to beep once for lonck and 2 for unlock, now it is beeping 3 times for unlock and is activating an impact sensor cuz it beeps now if i bump it. I have figured out that holding down unlock opens my trunk. My car started randomly beeping today so i had to leave the alarm off. I tried to find a local dealer, but I'm from Canada so the 5-digit zip-code dealer locater doesn't work, we have 6 digits in our postal codes which are numbers and letters. Any Info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Unregistered guest
I have just bought a used 93 civic SI and the car came with a Clifford alarm. I have no clue what model the alarm is but the remote has two buttons only with a red light and Clifford written across the bottom..guess it must be an older model..Anyways, my problem is that the interior light which is supposed to blink when armed stays a solid red!! I cannot arm my car nor lock the door which makes my car very vunerable to theft. I have tried disconnecting the negative terminal from my battery and then reconnecting it but that doesn't solve the problem. Do I have a blown fuse? Is there a way to reset the alarm back to normal? Please help. I want to avoid bringing the car to a shop because of the fees..I'm also from Toronto and cannot find any dealers through the site nor a customer service telephone number. Thanks again..

Username: Erus37

Hollywood, Fl USA

Post Number: 4
TAKE THE ALARM OUT OF VALET
TURN ON THE IGNITION
FIND THE LITTLE BLACK BUTTON UNDER YOUR DASH SOMEWHERE
PRESS THE BUTTON WITHIN 5 SECONDS OF TURNING ON THE IGNITION
AND THE LED SHOULD BE OFF
THEN TRY TO ARM TME VEHICLE

Patrick G
Unregistered guest
Thnks for your help..I have fixed the problem..wicked. I have heard that clifford no longer exists or that viper have bought out the company..is this true? Thanks again Mike D

Unregistered guest
i have a bmw with an old clifford. it was not being used so i cut out one of the boxes because it was hanging down infront of the gas and brake pedals. now i can lock the door from the inside but the key does not work. i tried to reassemble the wires but it still does not work. is there anyone in chicago that can help me?

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 97
Anonymous unless you follow all the wires and carefully disconnect them were they are connected. I would not do it. The 700iq has a built in ignition cut off. If you don't reconect all the wires it splices into, you will run into problems. If you are carefull and have a sodering gun it is possiable. Just be sure to take your time and follow every wire.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 98
Yes clifford still exist. They were bought out by DEI a few years ago. Alot of people were worried their quality would drop, but from what I have seen it is as good as ever.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 99
kevin check out this link www.clifford.com/locator/default.asp

Unregistered guest
I live in Canada, and i recently bought a 1991 honda prelude with a clifford alarm. It only came with one key chain thing, and i would like another in case of emergencies, how would i go about getting one? I went into a local electronics store (a&b sound) but they weren't any help, and the website is only for the USA or the UK..... any answers?

-Anonymous

Unregistered guest
Jeremy,
Thanks for your response to anonymous, I found the ignition wire that went through the alarm, and reconnected it together as well as tracing the wires back though an disconnecting them as well. Does anyone need this 700 IQ for parts? I'm keeping the relays, but I have the control box, shock sensor and harness that are up for grabs. Email me at dhalicki@smcusa.com First one gets it.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 101
goony find out what model it is and call some car srereo shops in the states. You should be able to find one that will mail you a remote. Be sure you know what model the alarm is, not all of their remotes are compatable.

Powerman
Unregistered guest
My Clifford Intelliguard 900 with Blackjax completely died about a year ago. One day it was working fine, then the next it was dead. The remotes did not work (either of them), and the valet switch did not work either (no light, blinking or solid). What could be causing this problem? Assuming the clifford computer is ok, could this be a fuse problem? Where is the fuse located on the Intelliguard 900? Any other fuses that affect this? No dealers nearby that will service.

Also, where can you get replacement remotes (should I get this working again)? Thanks in advance...

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 105
Remotes you would have to get from a dealer. As for the alarm it sounds like the power wire, fuse, or the brain. Open your hood and see if there is any extra wires atatched to the battery. Should have a black wire comming off of the positive with 2 fuse holders about 6 to 12 inches down line. Those should be the fuses to your alarm. If you do not see them there find the brain and start folowing wires. Might take a while but you get the idea. Once you locate the fuse blocks check the fuses and the conectors. If the conectors are coroded or the fuses are blown replace as required. If both are fine follow the power wires to the brain and make sure you are getting power. A volt metet or test light will work perfect for this. Just make sure to have a good ground. If you aren't sure shoot something else that you know you have power to. If it isn't a power issue then it is the brain. I would try to find your closest clifford dealer and give them a call.

taz
Unregistered guest
I had a Clifford Cyber 4 installed in 01/02. It worked great up till now. Two days ago the sound went out. No Siren and No chirp but the rest of the alarm works. One person said it was the ground and another person said the brain died. If anyone knows what the problem is please email me. tazperez@juno.com

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 142
If everything else is working, it probably isn't the brain. I would take a look at the fuse holder. Its probably coroded. Look on the positive terminal of your battery, and you will see two fuse holders about 6 inches down line. Take the fuses out one at a time, and see if there is any corosion. If they are then either replace the fuse holders, or take the alarm to a clifford dealer. They should do it for free. If that isn't the problem then the siren might have went out. Just take it by the place that installed it, and they should fix what ever it is for free.

ludagirl
Unregistered guest
heyhey guys! i was wondering if you guys can help me.. ok.. well.. i just bought a maxima with a clifford car alarm system.. the back reads -- FCC ID: CZ57RRKO.. i looked it up online and i found pictures of it somewhat looking like mine.. mine has 4 buttons.. ((top left: unlock doors, top right: unlock doors, bottom left: a star, and bottom right: trunk opens..))
the owner who sold it to me told me that the car starts when i press the star button.. but then i heard it starts when you press it twice.. but then i heard so many other things.. i REALLY dont want to mess it up.. so can anyone help me? link me to a site that has the CORRECT manual? thanks in advance.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5224

http://www.clifford.com/

Powerman
Unregistered guest
Ok, I found an inline fuse under the dash that had a 20 amp fuse. Very hard to get to with both hands, but I finally got the new fuse in and it works! My Intelliguard 900 is back in business.

Now the problem I have is that I bought a remote that is supposed to work on an intelliguard 700, and I surmised would work with my 900. I could not program it into the system. I have had this problem before. The FCC ID on the back is exactly the same number, CZ57RRTX12R as the old one, and when I broke open my old and the new remote, the circuit boards looked identical, execpt for a small square black chip that had 39AR on the new one, and 37AL on the old one. The newer remote is slimmer, and has a recessed Blue-Green(flat) main button, the old remote's button is more rounded and grey (the whole remote is grey). Why do I have so much trouble with these remotes that appear to be the same? The new remote has a small white sticker with 60-372 on it. Thanks!

Powerman
Unregistered guest
What is the difference between the Intelliguard 900 and the Intelliguard 900-IQ? Are the remotes different or compatible? If the remotes are incompatible, how would you tell the difference?

Powerman
Unregistered guest
I fixed the problem with the remote. It did work, just required a certain way of programming. The Remote for a 700 works on a 900 Intelliguard. A question I have is if the FCC ID matches, in regards to Clifford, does that mean that it is compatible, or is there more to it?

Unregistered guest
ive got a clifford concept 650 and i also have this a zone alert on that beeps when someone goes up 2 the car. the problem is that it peeps even if no one is around! i think its set to a large detection area which is causing it to be unstable, HOW DO I LOWER THE DETECTION FIELD!!!

Anonymous

Hi I recently purchased a clifford 650 system.
I had it installed by a professional fitter, when demonstrating it worked fine. I got it home, activated the turbo timer, got out of the vehicle locked it via the remote and walked away. I came back an hour later, disarmed the sytem but my door locks would not work. so i had to lock it manually. The next morning it worked fine. After an hours drive the same problem again with not locking the doors. Any assistance would be grateful. The duel zone proximetry system also does not seem to work.

Any assistance is gratefully appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 27
sounds like you have a ford and the locks are going into sleep mode.
if so, take it back to the installer, they missed something.

Username: Vinklas

Andover, Hampshire United kingdom

I have bought my celica fitted with a clifford alarm, but the zapper needs replacing, but I have been told I need the code to replace it, which I do not have,is there a way around this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
easiest way is to take it to an install shop that installs clifford alarms and have them look at and code a new "zapper"

Anonymous

i`ve been a plank...i put my jacket in the washing machine with my car keys in the pocket...i have dryed the gets on the heater
and gone out to the car but my remote wont turn off my alarm..the green light comes on when i press the remote but it dosent disarm the alarm...the alarm is an old clifford fitted to a 1990 bmw and i have no code or any kind of serial number for the alarm....what can i do..please help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
sounds like you may need to get it re-coded(make alarm talk to the remote) to the alarm. take it to a clifford installer, they "should" do it for free. if they can't code it to your alarm, hey, your already there and can get a new one. :-)

Username: Hunter567

London, Wembey England

hi guys..
Just bought a car ford with clifford alarm (concept 300)but unfortunatelly alram doesnt work sometimes when l go to petrol station after getting petrol just arm but nothing happens doesnt get the signals from my remote control when l open the doors starts shouting..:-) its so ashamed... but it works some times l ve changed the battery but its still same... in this context my engine doesnt start l just get stuck l cant move my car...what l did is just cut off the buzzer to not hear any more unnecessary noise but if anyone kicks th car just 4 indicators will flash.. so l really dont know what to do.. pls help me guys....thanks

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 150
The brain is acting up. For some reason it won't let you arm or disarm the car once the alarm arms itself. Alot of clifford alarm have an auto arming feature, and it sounds like that is what is going on here. I would take it to a clifford dealer and have them hook it up to their computer. For now I would put it into valet mode. Look on the web site and download the manual. It will tell you how.

Unregistered guest
HELP

I have a Clifford IntelliGuard IQ-(?00)

I want to program my garage door opener into the remote.

The instructions talk about using Transmitting channel numbers 4 - 8 to "activate optional accessory function #1-5".

It speaks about garage door openers specifically.

The problem - how do I program the remote?

The manual and website only speak about programming the User-selectable features, none of which include programming channels 4-9.

Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Clifford Matrix 3.5 RSX Security/Remote Start System and have previously had a Concept 100. I still have the parts from the Concept, glass sensor, tilt sensor... are these compatible with the Matrix? Will I be able to add those options since I already have the part?... or am I out of luck? Thanks in advance!

Username: Jksproule

Battery died on a car with a Clifford Supernova II. The auto ignition cut-off will not allow the car to be re-started. Tried disconnecting the wire t the battery but this does not help. Any idea how to correct all this to allow the car to be re-started. Many thanks.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 155
Aaron, If your alarm is a G4 series then you should be able to do this with the cliffnet wizard. It is a computer program that lets you plug a lap top up to your brain, and make all kinds of adjustments. I would talk to your local clifford dealer and see how much they want for it. (should be 40 to 60 bucks) Well worth the money IMO, since it gives you more options than the manual, even lets you get into some of the installer option menues.

Passatgirl, The only alarms that I know of, that you can do that, are the clifford G4 and G5 series alarms. I even looked on the web site for you and didn't find anything saying you could.

Anonymous

Help I have a 93 Ford Explorer. it has a Clifford alarms installed. I am the third owner so I have no guide book. I have looked on the net at clifford.com, but I live in Ontario Canada.Any suggestions on where to get servicing in southern Ontario. sometimes my remote works and other times it doesn't. Help!
Iroc

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 174
I would try replacing the battery in the remote to start off. If you have to be really close to get it to work that is probably your problem. If that isn't it pull the remote apart and look at the board were the ring that conects the baterry is attached. I had a the same problem once and it turned out a sodder joint had came loose. Resoddered it and never had another problem.

As for a dealer all i can sugest is check the website. The have a locator that will tell you the closest dealer to your home. Same with the manual. Find what model you have (look at the brain) and look it up on the web site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
3rd owner??? you need a new alarm. i hate used stuff like that, if you can afford it, i'd say go for a new alarm. prefforably a nice viper, or maybe another clifford alarm. maybe add a remote start or some other gadgets.
or you could do what JeremyC recommends, sound advice there.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 178
Thanks Ps, I feel like I pull some of this stuff out of my butt. :-)

Hawaii Guy
Unregistered guest
Hi guys your knowledge is greatly needed. I am trying to start an 97Cavalier with an Auto Imobalizer in it. I dont have either one of the keys i was issued. How can i go around the system to just start the car to get it moved to make repairs. I want to keep the system in it for when i sell the car. Best wishes from Hawaii.

Hawaii Guy
Unregistered guest
ps.... i looked on the web site provided above and the manual says nothing about valet mode without the computer keys. thanks again

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 189
You shouldn't need the keys to put it in valet mode. Just turn the ignition on and enter your code. If that doesn't work you will have to follow the wires from the brain to the coil. Once you find were it ties in you will need to disconct the alarm and retie the two wires back together.(the ones that the clifford was wired in series between)

Unregistered guest
I RECIENTLY BOUGHT A USED CAR THAT CAME EQUIPED WITH A CLIFFORED INTELLAGUARD 8000 ALARM. THE ALARM IS SET TO A LEVEL OF SENSITIVITY THAT CAUSES THE MOTION SENCERS TO DETECT RAIN ROLLING DOWN THE WINDOWS. I LIVE IN WASHINGTON SO YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW OFFTEN THE ALARM GOES OF AND/OR CHERPS CONSTINTLY. I HAVE SPENT TWO DAYS ONLINE TRYING TO FIND OUT THE CODE THAT WILL ENABLE ME TO CHANGE THE SENCEITIVITY AMONG OTHER FETURES THAT THE ALARM OFFERS. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD SEND ME EITHER THE CODE AND THE PROCESS I NEED TO FALLOW IN WHICH TO MAKE THOSE CHANGES, OR THE NAME OF A WEBSITE WHERE I MAY BE ABLE TO FIND THOSE CODES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. SENCIERLY, CHERPPING IN TACOMA.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 202
www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/intelliguard8000_owners.pdf That is the guide for your alarm if you were having problems finding it. The defualt code is (star, star, flat, then press and hold star)make sure your key is in the ignition, and on. (car not running) Once it enters the programing mode it will chirp and let you know. If that doesn't work the last owner changed the code. If that is the fact you will have to take it to a clifford dealer, and have them reset it for you. They can also adjust everything as you want it. I would also ask about getting the waranty honered in your name. Well worth the money if you ever have a problem. One more thing. Page 8 of the manual tells you how to adjust the sensor from the master remote.

Anonymous

I have a Clifford XL1000 installed in '89 Jag I just bought - can this thing be PERMANENTLY removed - it is just too much hassle. Also, website is hopeless for locating shops in Canada. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 206
Anonymous unless you follow all the wires and carefully disconnect them were they are connected. I would not do it. The XL 1000 has a built in ignition cut off. If you don't reconect all the wires it splices into, you will run into problems. If you are carefull and have a sodering gun it is possiable. Just be sure to take your time and follow every wire.

Don't know what to say about canada. That question has been asked but no one has replied with any info. You might send an email to one of the other guys who has asked that question on this thread. They might know something.

Username: Jjcarrie

I HAVE A CLIFFORD XL 2000 ALARM SYSTEM AND THE SIREN DOESNT WORK. NO CHIPS NOTHING, WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 231
If everything else works then the siren might be bad.

If the red light is on in the dash, then it is in vallet mode, and you need to take it out. Check the manual if you have any questions on how to take it in and out of vallet mode.

tnt
Unregistered guest
I have a Clifford Intellivoice IQ alarm. The battery on the vehicle recently died. I jumped started the car with a jumpbox and since then the remotes do not work. I put the system into valet mode and it gave me the verbal confirmation, but the keypads still do not work. I disconnected the battery and let it sit. That still did not fix the problem. I checked all of the fuses and they are fine. I took out the fuses and also let it sit and still does not work. Could that be the brain or does the brain just need to be reset to talk to the remotes?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 238
Try this. Disconect the battery. Leave it unhooked for a min and then reconect it. Right after you reconnect it press the lock/unlock button on your remote. You should here a few beeps after the alarm picks up the remote signal. If you have two remotes just press one, wait a sec and press the other.

Unregistered guest
Im looking for a wiring diagram for a Clifford Matrix RS 3.5... Can anyone tell me where to get one at??

tnt
Unregistered guest
I tried that, but that still did not work. Is there anyhting else I could try? I disconected the brain and it also did not work. Can I still get a brain from an authorized Clifford dealer under warranty?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 244
www.clifford.com/guides/ogs/intellivoice_iq_owners.pdf
Page 8 and 21 go into programing the brain to accept the remote.

As for a dealer, yes they should still waranty the brain. As long as you are the original owner, or have talked to them about doing a system checkup and then honering the warranty in your name.

tnt
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help I was able to reset it through that. Do you think I will need to reset any other features? Again thanks for your help.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 255
Might, depends on how you want the settings. Look thru the manual and if you see something that isn't like it used to be, or you want it diffrent then change it.

tnt
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to do a factory reset of the system to bring it back to factory defaults?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 262
Yes it tells how in the manual. Its on the same chart you used to do the remotes

SL
Unregistered guest
I have an Arrow II in my 1999 Civic. 5 days ago, 1 day after getting a 60k done, my alarm wouldn't "chirp" and when I tried to set off the alarm, the siren wouldn't go off, but the lights would flash. I checked, and it isn't in valet mode, because the door locks respond to the remote. I checked the fuse holders and they don't appear to be corroded. I called a few places on my area off the Clifford store locator and visited 2 that wanted $35 and $45 respectively to check the system out. One place thought it was the siren getting soaked.

I called Clifford who said they would replace the Arrow II with the Arrow 5 if I could ship the alarm back to them. Of course, I would have to pay for the labor for the removal and then for the reinstall. I think it would be free if I brought it to where they did the original install, but I am 3000 miles away from where they did the original work.

Questions:
1) Does it sound like a siren problem to you?
2) Should I be having to pay $45 to fix the problem or should it be free
3) Is sending the old alarm in for the Arrow 5 worth it?

Thanks in advance

Username: Mattpalmer

Nanaimo

I just bought a used car and it has a Clifford alarm in it, but no remotes. On the back of the alarm module it has FCC ID:I5M1170. Inside the module on the circuit board it has DIABLO written on it. I'm guessing its a Diablo 1 ? how can I find out what remote to get?

Username: Mattpalmer

Nanaimo

Post Number: 2
I just bought a used car and it has a Clifford alarm in it, but no remotes. On the back of the alarm module it has FCC ID:I5M1170. Inside the module on the circuit board it has DIABLO written on it. I'm guessing its a Diablo 1 ? how can I find out what remote to get?

PS. Also want to get the manual.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 268
The only company that I know of that makes a diablo 1 is AVITAL. I would check the link below and give a clifford dealer a call. If I remember correctly Avital was an off brand of clifford. If this is correct they can help you get remotes and a manual.

www.clifford.com/locator/default.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
SL

sounds like you may have turned on somekind of silent arm mode for the alarm. i'm not familar with that brand so i can tell you for sure.

you can check your siren yourself if you are handy. under the hood where the siren is, just cut the wire, strip away some of the sheathing and touch the 2 wires to a 9volt battery (battery not included, sold seperatly) and you should hear something. if not bad siren, throw it at a friend and buy a new one.
i would try that before sending away for the arrow 5.

Hmm, does that mean you owe me $35 for that alarm diagnostic? i take cash, checks or plastic. :-)

SL
Unregistered guest
Ps1k0,
Thanks for your comments. The Arrow II is an just an old Clifford model. I think that I did not activate silent mode because there's no way of completely silencing your alarm unless you just don't set it. I am not technically sound when it comes to cars so I am a little afraid to cut some wires but I do believe that it's the siren. It now occasionally makes some whining noises when I arm/disarm but sounds pretty dead. Can I just replace it with any old car alarm siren or does it have to be a DEI/Clifford siren?

Is it pretty easy to do?

SL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
yeah, it's very easy.
2 wires, a black and a red, unless the installer grounded the black wire at the siren.

all you have to do is remove te one that is there and put the new one back in the same way.

Username: Jwhitacre1

Alpharetta, Georgia Us

i have a clifford intelliguard 900 iq. i recently put a new battery in and now the remote does not work. when i push the big button (#1) the light flashes but nothing else happens and the other buttons do nothing. what could be the problem?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 271
Hay Sl when the alarm is in vallet mode the door locks still work. The only thing it disables is the siren, and the alarm functions itself. If the led is on in the dash then it is in vallet mode.

Ps is right, replacing the siren is pretty easy. I would find a friend that has a sodering gun and have him wire it for you. Shouldn't take more than 30 min. If the red led is not on try replacing the siren. It might have gotten water in it causing it to do what it is doing. Or there might be a short in the wires. Try arming and disarming it as you gently wiggle the wires. As for what type of alarm you need I beleive any simular siren would work. I would give it a try and see what happens.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 272
Matt, try this. Disconect the battery. Leave it unhooked for a min and then reconect it. Right after you reconnect it press the lock/unlock button on your remote. You should here a few beeps after the alarm picks up the remote signal. If you have two remotes just press one, wait a sec and press the other. If that desn't work here is the link to get to the manual. www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp

Tacy
Unregistered guest
Hi I have an older model clifford, I'm not sure on the model. But I had a general question that someone may be able to answer. Can I connnect a car started to this system. I am not sure if clifford alarms can be disarmed through a negative pulse and rearmed. The car starter has a negative pulse arm/rearm wire. Any help would be great.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 293
Tacy the only way you will be able to conect an auto start to the cliford is if you have a clfford auto start that is compatiable with the alarm you currently have. Your only other option is to completly disable or remove the clifford. Its sencors, and shut off, are designed to not alow the car to run or be started when it has been armed. My sugestion for you is to purchase a new alarm like the solaris 5 and you will be good to go. I am sure it would take care of all your needs.

dano1331
Unregistered guest
hey i have a hyundai tiburon with a clifford in it. it had been disconnected before i bought the car I have been informed that i am suposed to jump a wire hanging down(under the steering wheel) to make the alarm activate, where do i connect this wire and when. the only wire hanging down is black and purple. the remote is set up with the alarm box, all the chirps sound off at appropriate times...how do i get it to work

dano1331
Unregistered guest
the clifford alarm is a factory alarm in my 1998 tiburon.. all i need to do is activate it, and i do not know how..the only wire that is hanging down is the black and purple one, that originates at the end of the brain... since the car was used when i got it, i never recieved a manual for the alarm, don't know if i can get one....if you know of any site that i can get an owners manual for the alarm, it would be greatly appreciated.

the alarm is a hyundai make of the clifford...the FCC ID:I5MRX1 The remote has only 2 buttons, (lock/unlock)

thanks for any help

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 314
Hay dano that sounds kinda fishy. Jump a wire to activate it? Thats a new one for me. If the alarm chirps when you hit the lock / unlock buttons then that tells me it is working. Do you have a red led some where on the dash? If so is it on or off, or does it flash when you press lock on the remote? The other thing to look for is a two button switch some where on your dash? It might not say clifford, but one of the buttons should be flat, and the other will have a * on it. If you can find the brain, look at the model # on it. should be in large raised black letters. Once you have that you can get the manual off the web site.
www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp
I would check out the models they show on that page, before you find the brain. That way you have an idea what to look for.

dano1331
Unregistered guest
there is no two button switch on my dash, but there is a red led light, that doesn't flash, it is on or off, depending which mode the valet switch is in.

the module is a a 303 MHz, i can't find any model # on the brain, the only thing that looks familiar is the FCC ID, but when i look in matrix 1, it gives me no usefull information on hooking up the alarm....do you have access to the HYUNDAI technical service bulletin?
when i went there, they gave me the stuff to link the brain and the remote, but i didn't get it all, should be in group: body electrical....number:02-90-009

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 336
Well I think we have 2 problems. First I have never seen a clifford alarm that didn't have the model # on it. 303 MHz is an operating freq that the remotes use, and not the model of the alarm.

Second problem is that every clifford alarm I have delt with used a 2 button switch to take it in and out of vallet mode, and to enter all your programing menues.

As for the hyundai tech bulletin, no I don't have axcess. I did do some reaserch, and I couldn't find anything about the 98 Tiburon comming from factory with a clifford Alarm. How did you find out it was a clifford alarm?

Unless you can come up with more info I am not sure I can help you. I feel your best option would be to take it to a clifford dealer and have them work on it, or have a new alarm put in with all the bells and whistles you desire.

The fact is all my experiance tells me this isn't a true clifford alarm. It might be a very cheap model sold to Hyundai to install, but even if that is the case it doesn't seem to have any of the normal things cliffords come with.

dano1331
Unregistered guest
this is a new brain i purchaced from hyundai, on the new alarm, it has a bar code with the following under it.

VVC41363C0FB
50-093
CLIFFORD

the switch to take it in and out of vallet mode, and to enter all your programing menues, is a toggle switch in the fuze panel by the brake pedal.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 355
Wow?? Yeah I hate to say it, but either the dealership, or a clifford dealer is going to have to work it. I honestly have no clue, and unless I could go thru and check all the wires its hard to trouble shoot.

Matt Jones
Unregistered guest
I have an old clifford alarm...two button remote. Today I stupidly jump start the car and now the alarm is dead...no red light nothing.

I have checked a badge of three fuses close to the battery which I believe are the alarm fuses and they all seem to be fine.

Have a killed the alarm ?

Any help would be appricated as the car is sold. Thanks Matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
jeremyc answered this question in a orevious post. up there somewhere. not too far back.

Dosen't anyone read old posts before posting?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 400
Butt, butt, it soooooo much to read. Thanks Ps1k0.

Well matt I am in a good mood so I will see what I can do to help.

I doubt you killed the alarm. So I an going to guess it just needs the remotes reprogramed to the alarm. (If you can put it in valet mode with the valet switch, it isn't dead) If i knew what model I could tell you exactly how to program it. So try this and if it doesn't work find out the model and look it up on the web site.

Try this. Disconect the battery. Leave it unhooked for a min and then reconect it. Right after you reconnect it press the lock/unlock button on your remote. You should here a few beeps after the alarm picks up the remote signal. If you have two remotes just press one, wait a sec and press the other.

FYI I am foward deployed inside south korea right now. If I don't answer your question right away, don't worry I will get to it as soon as I get a chance. If not PS1K0 knows this stuff pretty well too. As long as you put in an effort to find the answer yourself, He will be more than happy to help.

Anonymous

just bought a clifford intelliguard 8000 but didnt get it installed, thought i could do it myself.... but... i seen all the wires and had no clue what to do first??? I cant find the wiring diagram any help?? greatly appreaciate it!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us