Need lots of help!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 70
is there any way on earth that i can run 6 subs on 1 amp that is 2 ohm stable?!?!?!? plz anyone help me if u can

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1932
If the subs are all same ohms and VC, then no. It will not add up to 2ohms. You either go 2, 4 or 8 sets, not 6. For that you'll need JL amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1933
If the subs are all same ohms and VC, then no. It will not add up to 2ohms. You either go 2, 4 or 8 sets, not 6. For that you'll need JL amp.

abe
Unregistered guest
i say get two amps run 3 subs per amp

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 71
ok ok 8 subs are not out of the question at all, actually i will probly go with 8 and i am gonna run 2 amps but how do i run 4 subs that are 4 ohm to a 2 ohm stable amp without messin it up and if i run 2 amps can i just buy a power dist. block ?

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 47
on what car are puting 8 subs to what are the subs for we can help out

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

TamaracFt.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 691
If its a mono block amp to get maximun power output just run 6 ##W0-12's or 6 of any other 12 ohm or dual 6 ohm sub(VC's in series) in parallel.

If its a two channel amp stable to 2 ohm stereo, 4 ohm bridged you're probably SOL. I don't know of any 6 ohm subs.

There's no reason why you can't run any amount of subs to any amp I know stable to 2 ohms. You just may not get the power you want and may have to run a few in series which isn't a great idea SQ-wise.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us