IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP!

TMay20
Unregistered guest
What amp would be good for running 2 JL Audio 12w6v2? I have no clue what the different ohms at different rms means. I am tryin' to stay under $400, cheaper if possible.

Josh & Hywel
Unregistered guest
i have wired the amp up to the battery and have power but no sound is coming out of any speakers i connect to the amplifier. also a red protect is constantly on and it says in the instruction sthis could be due to short circuiting but from what we can see everything is connected correctly. any ideas on whats going wrong???

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 109
What are the ohms of the subs and are they single or dual voice coils. How do you have them wired to the amp. What kind of amp and the rms watts at 4 and 2 ohms. You need to post all this. I guess you have the hot wire ran from the battery to the amp. The remote wire ran to the head unit. The amp is grounded good. The RCA cables are ran from the head unit to the amp. If so unhook everything from the amp. Hook just the hot wire to the amp. Take a piece of wire put it on the remote at the amp and touch it to the hot wire. There should be no red light just the power light.

Josh & Hywel
Unregistered guest
thankz for posting the message but the red light is still on - with the power light. i have 2 amps and both of them are doing the same thing. the car we have is an Audi 80 SE. do u have any other suggestions???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us