Battery died.

Bronze Member
Username: Chinaman_87

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 21
hey my system is killing my battery but it didnt do it when i first got my system. i know it could be the alternator but could the power be running off somewhere? if so, where? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1859
If your battery is dying, then the alternator is not supplying enough power. Does your lights dim during heavy bass note?
A battery dying is a serious warning sign. Don't ignore it.

Bronze Member

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 23
well my battery was 3 years old so we replaced it? and it didnt seem like it was dimming on high bass. is there anyway to shut off the connection from the ground to the battery?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1861
Why would you want to do that? You'll practically shut off every electrical components in the car.
3 years seem to be the average life of a battery. Although mine is lasting longer than 4 years.

Bronze Member

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 25
i just want to shut off the connection from my system to the battery without unscrewing and screwing. is that possible? would that even help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
No, ground wires in the car were designed to be screwed on tight. Why do you need to physically disconnect the power wires from your system? That's what the remote wire is for. To turn off the amp when the HU powers off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us