Isaac....

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 412
hey isaac,

i dont think i'm gonna have the cash for that 275g4, but i still need an amp. i am looking at getting an American Bass cx1200d. i can get it for bout $145-155 shipped (2-day fedex).

i have heard that the AB VFL150.1 and 200.1 are great amps, but what do you think about this cx1200d???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1793
From what I've heard, it's not a good amp. Some of them blew from low voltage (10v), while others had bad luck. It is not a well known brand either.
Your only alternative is Audiobahn's A8000T amp. It is 800w @ 2ohms. I've tested the Intake series, and it performed well. And on eBay it costs around $130-$150.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 413
I'm not too big on audiobahn...i have had WAY too much audiobahn equipment fail on me.

i smoked my bp1200.1 the other day, thats why i'm looing for another amp. the guy w/ the cx1200d hasnt responded to my email yet and its bout 2:30 now. there is prolly no way i could get that amp by friday without paying out the wazoo for shipping now.

i guess i'll just borrow an amp for mardi gras nats and send my bp1200.1 off to be fixed.....oh well

Gold Member

Post Number: 1799
That is too bad. 275G4 would've been an excellent backup/replacement for your BP1200.1 amp.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 414
I would prefer to get the 275g4...just dont think i'll havethe cash. Maybe i'll find one down the road somewhere, i should have some money this summer.

oh...and what do you think about the hcca 2100?

Username: 93champs

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
yo bro you think you could help me out here, how do i connect four speakers to a two channel amp, right now I have them hooked up and I'll I get is sound out of two
Please help me out it's getting pretty annoying

Gold Member

Post Number: 1800
HCCA 2100 is like PPI's art series 1200.2 amp. Lots of clean power. I tried to get that amp before, but was outbid at the last minute.

Dave when you say 4 speakers, do you mean front and rears or 2 pair on each door?
Depending on the amp, if it supports 2 ohms stereo, connect each speakers in parallel. That is, pos to pos and neg to neg. This will turn your 4ohms speaker into 2ohms total. Do the same for the other side. Now you take the pos and neg and connect them to the amp's pos and neg.
It's that simple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us