Burn smell.....

Bronze Member
Username: Williamc

Post Number: 16
if the gain is set to high and you listen loud for a while(5 min.) and you smell a "light burn" smell wat could be the prob.? i think it could be the gain setting, so i turned it down. any possible damage?

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 99
That's bad anytime you smell burning from any amp. Hopefully it did not hurt the amp. Sounds like your ohms are to low for that amp. How is it set up? The gain setting should have nothing to do with that. If the gain is to high and you turn it up real high the amp should kick out before burning. Most people do set the gain to high. I set my amp at half way because that's where it sounds good to me.

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 130
it could also be the sub(assuming its running a sub). does it smell kinda like wood? Or electronic stuff?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 292
It sounds to me like you're burning up your VC. That would be because your gain wasn't set correctly and you're destroying your sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Williamc

Post Number: 18
well, it was a wood smell. i got my new box today and it all works fine. hits really hard w/polly fill in it. i hope i didnt mess ne thing up longterm its all brand new stuff so hopfully not. for 1 DVC 4 ohm sub i wire it positive to positive to positve on the box and same for neg. to run at 2 ohms? my amp is stable at 2 ohms so hopefully thats not it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us