2ohm stable

Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2
when they say 2ohm stable amp does that mean in stereo mode only or you can bridge it with 2ohm instead of 4ohm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1672
it all depends. some amps will say 2ohm mono that means it is 1ohm stereo stable. if it is 2ohm stereo stable then it is 4ohm mono stable. If it gives you specs at it doesnt give you a 2ohm mono spec then it prob isnt 2ohm mono stable. what amp are you dealing with?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1730
Hey James, Ron is going to give you my amp handles with your amp. He forgot to ship it when I ordered my amps. I told him I no longer need it since I'll be building a custom frame to hold all my amps.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1674
nice thanks man I was actually wondering about that. it was on my question to do list.lol. I have been waiting to hear back from him I want to test this amp out soooo bad. if it makes my sub sound betterthen it doesn with my PPI I will be absloutely amazed. Hey Isaac if you want to test out a sub try testing the Atlas or Avalanche 15 or 18 man you will not be unhappy I promise!

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 3
well it's a volfenhag zx-7180 i like the amp it works the heck out of the woofers all it says it's 2ohm stable

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 220
Hey Peter, how does that amp work, that was my original plan to get as an amp. Although, I was looking at the Zx-8400. It is 2 ohms stereo stable btw. Not a half bad amp from just the specs. I think it is a bit under rates, as only 300W x 2 @ 2 ohms. I'm guessing that each channel of that baby will give you 400-500, but Volfenhag has a weird way of rating things. Their subs are moderate, speakers are really high, and amps lower than they should be lol!

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 4
i like it it put my woofers to a beaten i like the way it's working does the job for me pounds like heck

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 5
who makes this amp some have a address on the manual but i don't see one any clue

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 892
I'm guessing the lowest ohm's it can handle is 2 ohm's. I wouldn't go under 2 ohm's if I wher you.

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 6
ok now is what i want to know is i want to fine tune it just alittle more now i want to do this comming out of the amp should i use a crossover or EQ and what brand would be good with that same as the amp but i see some have alot more ajustment pots on them this is a 2channel amp so with all of you experience what should i use
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us