Amp wont turn on

Username: Nickb920

Post Number: 9
I made an amp rack last week so i disconnected all the wires to the amp and cap and then replugged them in but when i did that the ground and the power touched and sparked while connecting to the cap. Now the amp has no power, i checked the 2 fuses at the amp and they seem to be fine. Did i ruin my amp? COuld it have just ruined the cap making it unable to transfer power? Help please

Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 4
The same thing happen to me bud, there is several things that could have happen to your amp. It most likely didnt ruin the amp but probaly did damage your circuit board and possibley other things. You see you probaly did the same thing as I did, put alot of power into the amp and have it run through and hit the circuit board Fry it, then come back. Take your amp to a store that fixes amp and they shud be able to correct your amp for about 60 bucks.

Username: Nickb920

Post Number: 10
if the hifonics badge barely lights up do u think that might just be a bad connection at the battery?

Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 8
well if your lcd power light comes on then your amp is fine, i dont undertstand what you mean by barely lights up, I would think that it would jus be a bad connection to your battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us