I have 2 MA AUDIO 12in XQ and a m689I 800wat. amp
Does any one know how to Bridge a 2 channel amp to my 2 subs
and my subs are allready bridged.
Thank you,
Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Pace

Post Number: 11
Your subs are dual 4 ohm voice coils so if you want to bridge your 2 channel amplifier to your two subs then wire them parallel, meaning the + to + and - to - ( Do this to both subwoofers), Then run a wire from one positive and one negative on each sub and bring the two positives together and the two negatives together and hook both positives to the far positive connection on your amp and connect both negatives to the other negative on your amp,

This will create a 4 ohm load on your amp.

Although if it's a two channel and you have two subs it's usually pointless to bridge them because if you use one channel per subwoofer its going to be the same as if both subs were bridged. example) 800 watts x 1 bridged power of your amplifie (4 ohms) is the same power as 400 watts x 2 at 2 ohms.

Paul

Username: Va1ek

Post Number: 1
I have 2 subs and one 2 channel amp i was wondering what the best set-up would be I was thinking 1 sub and bridgeing the amp but im not exactly sure how to bridge the amp could someone tell me how??

Bronze Member
Username: Pace

Post Number: 12
Bridging a 2 channel amplifier when using two subwoofers will supply the same amount of power to each subwoofer. It will simply be divided from the 2 channels wattage , then supplied to your two subwoofers. To bridge an amplifier, if it is a 2 channel, you would take a positive and a negative from each channal and wire them together making 2 positive wires become one positive wire and 2 negatives wires become one negative wire (twisted together); then connecting the positive to the far left (channel 1) of your amplifier, and the negative to the far right's negative terminal (channel 2). You need to make sure that the impedance is going to be stable once bridged too. Usually a dvc 4 ohm subwoofer pair can be wired series/parallel to establish a final impedance of 4 ohms bridged.

Anonymous

I have a 1000watt 4 channel amplifier, one 12" (700watt) sub and 2x 7x10 (160w there abouts) speakers
i cant decide wether to bridge 2 channels to run through the amp then the other two for the speakers. but if i did how would i do this, i have read your above replys but im still unsure if you could give me that info in lamens terms its be greatful.

cheers

Unregistered guest
I have a 1000watt 4 channel amplifier, one 12" (700watt) sub and 2x 7x10 (160w there abouts) speakers
i cant decide wether to bridge 2 channels to run through the amp then the other two for the speakers. but if i did how would i do this, i have read your above replys but im still unsure if you could give me that info in lamens terms its be greatful.

cheers

Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

i just bought 1 12 inch rockford fosgate subwoofer and a rockford 2 channel amp but i only have one sub so i was wondering if somebody could tell me how to bridge a 2 channel amp 2 one subwoofer?

Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 2
never mind...shoulda read what was already there my ? was answered...

Unregistered guest
I have a audio fonix 2 channel 1500w only 600 true watts, amp and 2 15 inch Kicker VR, The 15's are 8 ohm speakers what is the best way to wire these? Regular, Bridged or prallell bridge.

bubeycrizzle
Unregistered guest
I have a 1300watt 2 channel amp and i have two 12" subs i was wondering if bridging them would make them sound better because its not giving me the right sound that i want, also can u tell me how to hook it up.

aspire
Unregistered guest
i have a three hundred watt 2channel amp and a 300 watt sub and a 500 wat sub and i was wondering how to bridge my amp and if i did would it blow my 300 sub and also i was wondering how wany watts my amp would be if bridged

Jyester
Unregistered guest
I have (1) 12" Dual voice coil sub rated at a recommended 400 watts RMS. I have a 1000 watt 2 channel amplifier that will put out 400 watts x 1 bridged at a 4 ohm load. how do i bridge the + + and the - - on the amplifier to the + + and the - - on the (1) subwoofer so that the amp is bridged and i have the 4 ohm load

Tyler Russell
Unregistered guest
I have 2 sony Xplod 10" subs and a power acoustik FUBAR 12M 12" sub. Will a MTX Audio Thunder 6500 D amp power all three and how do i hook them up. Help greatly apreciated

Dave S
Unregistered guest
I have a sony Xplod 1200w 12" sub and a sony Xplod 500w amp. When I brought them I was told I would have to bridge it. How do I do that?

mike65465455
Unregistered guest
your all really dumb

Unregistered guest
I have 2 1000watt JBL subwoofers, do you think i should get a 1000watt 4 channel boss audio amplifier or a 1600watt 4 channel boss audio amplifier?

come on people
Unregistered guest
come on guys this is all simple stuff . . . stay in school

lyke01
Unregistered guest
I have 2 ft spkrs, 2 rear spkrs, and 2 subs, how do i hook it all up to a 4 channel p4004 rockford fosgate 1200w amp

Starks
Unregistered guest
Okay..I have two sony xs-l121p5 12" subs (each 1200 peak...350 RMS...4 ohm)and a sony XM-2165GTX 1000 watt, 2 channel amp. I was wondering what would be the best wiring setup for these to get the best sound and power.

Unregistered guest
i have a 1000 watt two channel amp and i was wondering how to correctly bridge my two 12's to it?

Username: Enigma412

Chicago, Il

Post Number: 3
amps for subs / MONO only bass amps go with the MTX 1501.d or a MMAT amp can go as low as a 1 ohms load.

Username: Enigma412

Chicago, Il

Post Number: 4
in other words subs amps should not be bridged

Username: Kickerboi

hey guys i jus bought 2 kicker 600 watt subs and a 400 watt amp...does anyone know a site that has pics and a step by step procedure to bridge the amp and subs if so please tell me!

Username: Jsdaniel912

Savannah, Ga Usa

i have a power1001bd amp im trying to get 2 kicker L7's if this amp is powerfull enough? or should i go with the L5's? also when i do get the speakers do i get the 2 ohms or the 4 ohms. im trying to get 2 12's i already got the subzone ported box i just got to get the speakers now so which ones do i get

Username: Imjustme87

Clermont, Florida United States

Hi, i have a 10" kicker L7 solo-baric, and a pyramid 1000 watt royal red amp. I need to know how to get the best sound and power out of that amp, and how to hook it up, thanks guys.

Username: Topdogg

if i want to bridge my amplifier do i have to disconnect my power wire or fuse or anything? is there any saftey rules to it???

Username: Topdogg

ok this is to BLAKE FRAZIER . i wud perfer to connect them in parrel. i wud also pefer to get two subs of the same brand.but wat u have could work. connect it in parrel, an run ur power wire to ur battery (red wire) ur power turn on lead an rca cables to ur cd deck, ur ground wire (black) to a solid ground, any slid metal in the car . run ur speaker wires negitive to negitive terminial of the amp an positive to positive in parallel. an there u have it!!

Anonymous

how to bridge two sony x-plod 2/1 channel 1000 watt amps to three subs

Shane mackenzie
Unregistered guest
someone help me on hooking up these two 1000 watt sony x-plod amps cause it bangs with one but i want more power!!!!!! plese help me

Zach999
Unregistered guest
I have a 1000watt 2 channel rockwood amp and two 300w 15" rockford fosgate punch2 speakers. When I turn it up it doesn't sound as good as it should. So i was woundering what speakers would go best with my amp to give it better sound and more bass like the watts needed i thought 500w but i didnt know want to buy untill i knew for sure.

frank05
Unregistered guest
zach999 dont you need two 500watt subs to equal 1000watts from amp?

zach999
Unregistered guest
idk??????

Username: Rucker19

I just have a qustion, its a stupid one, but hey..im stupid....I have a pioneer 7600 head unit...just got a Audiobahn 8000t amp and a Visonik V123BP Bandpass box, 2-12'...I was just wondering the Audiobahn amp runs 400watts on 4 ohms, and 800watts on 2 ohms...How would i connect the system on a 2ohm load...????thanx

Unregistered guest
I have 4 subwoofer on a 2 channel amp. The amp is 200 watts. What should I do to make it sound better? It is overloading my amp.

Username: Jaydee614

Okeechobee, Florida U.s

I have 4 channel 500 watt sony xplod. I have it bridged to run 2 pioneer 300 watt 6 x 9's. When I try to pump up the volume it shuts down. Can anybody tell me why.

Anonymous

I have two 12" JL Audio W1V2 and a DHD amp 2chanels 800watt. I wanted to know if its possible to bridge them to this amp.

bigdaveifhewassmall
Unregistered guest
how do you connect 2 channels on a 4 channel amp, 2 are for my 6x9s and i want the other 2 to go into my sub, anyhelp? thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi All,

I also am new to connecting a 2 channel Pyle amp up to 4 speakers. I would also like to somehow connect 2 wolfers into the system. Can any
one help me out with this?

Thank You,
Paul

dave, all you have to do is connect the negative of one speaker wire to the negative on one channel, and connect the positive of the speaker wire to the positive on the next channel over

Username: Carstereowiz

i was wondering if theres a way to take a 4ohm sub and bridge it into a 2 ohm impedience

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1733
If it has dual 4 ohm voice coils you can wire it in parallel. Otherwise, no.

mikeB
Unregistered guest
WOW... There are WAY too many questions up there.

mikeB
Unregistered guest
WOW... There are WAY too many questions up there.

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Roger Stupidface. I have 4 Kicker solo x 18's and a sony 250watt amplifier. I think the amplifier is like 10 channels or something like that. How do I bridge it. Also, the guy at Best Buy said this is all I need, but every time I turn the car on, the amp blows up. Literally. This is my fourth replacement from them and I am getting suspicious. Any advice.

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Roger Stupidface. I have 4 Kicker solo x 18's and a sony 250watt amplifier. I think the amplifier is like 10 channels or something like that. How do I bridge it. Also, the guy at Best Buy said this is all I need, but every time I turn the car on, the amp blows up. Literally. This is my fourth replacement from them and I am getting suspicious. Any advice.

Ime R. EEtard
Unregistered guest
All right, I have four Kicker Solo X 18's and the guy at Best Buy said a 250 watt 10 channel sony explode amp would do, but every time I turn it on the amp literally explodes. Is it supposed to do that(hence the name)? This is my fifth replacement amp and I am getting suspicious. Any Advice?

you don't need a 10 channel amp, just a 4 channel will do, and are you sure you have your subs wired right to the amp?

GreGJames
Unregistered guest
Simple Quick Question: Do the Ohm's on the subs have to directly match the Ohm's on the amp. For example if i have A Mono 4ohm Amp and two 2ohm/8ohm (either or) subs can i still hook it up?

GreGJames
Unregistered guest
(And i Want To Run At 4 0hm's)

Unregistered guest
how do i bridge 2 amps 1 to run two subs and the other to run my 6by9's?

robertcock
Unregistered guest
What the best way to hook a rockford fosgate 801s amp, to two 1000 watt hx2s? Any Advice?

Username: Ruffryder188

i have a Pioneer GM-5100T 760 Watts 2-Channel Power Amplifier. I also have a Rockford Fosgate RFD 2212 12" dual voice coil sub and i am wondering the best way to wire it. I want to get the most power out of my sub. I am wondering if someone can tell me exactly how to lay down which wire to which port as if i was doing it? Thanks to anyone who can help. -Matt

Doug Jameson
Unregistered guest
i have a sub and 4 speakers and 1 cd player its all hooked up but i don't know how to turn it on. Can someone please tell me how to turn it on or do you think i should sell it?????
LMAO all you people are stupid if you don't know how to do it then read the manual or just don't have it cuz its obviously to complicated for you

Username: Lovekills_s

Post Number: 4
hii guys ok i have an ALPINE MRV F-502 2 channel Amp and pioneer 305 single coil sub woofer 12".

what i feel is that output is low.
now is it possible that if i buy another 2 channel amp and connect both the amps together to power my sub? will the output be more ?

if thats possible to connect 2 amps for one woofer how can i do that kindly tell the connections how to make it possible!! also i have tweeters and 6*9 pioneer speakers i wud like them to be in an amp
but i dont wanna buy a 4 channel amp..
i can only afford one more 2 channel amp
tell me how to do those connections
thanx

Unregistered guest
Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to car audio and have a question. Is it a good idea to use a 4-channel amp to power two 5x7's and 2 12" infinity subs? Can it be done and still have decent results? Or should i just get 2 2-channel amps for each pair of speakers?

Unregistered guest
how do you bridge a 4 channel amp to run 2 subs?

Answer to GZ. Just run the positive terminal from one channel of the amp and opposite channel's negitive terminal to one sub. Run the 2 remaining terminals (the positive of one channel and the negitive and the other) to the other sub. That is how you bridge, but then how you acutally connect to the sub depends on how you want to wire (series or parallel). If they are DVC subs (dual-voice coil: two pairs of positve and negitive terminals on an individual sub), then it's best to run in parallel to get the post power. To do this, individually hook each bridged channel separtly to one pair of the +/- terminals on the sub, then from that run more wires to the other +/- terminals on that sub. Do this separatly on each sub.

Answer to jeitnier. Yes can power all four speakers (the 5x7's and the subs) using each individual channel on the 4 channel amp because evn though they are different types of speakers, they are all 4 OHM. But the power in wattage you will get out of it (espically with the subs) soley sepends on what type of amp you're working with. More importantly the power in watts of the amp. Post the model amp you have and the RMS it puts out in each channel and I could answer you better.

Username: Kaptjack

I am trying to figure out how to hook up 4 speakers and a sub. If i buy a radio that has 200w, and then an amp with 300 or 400 watts, could i hook up my tweeters to the radio, then hook up 2 6x9s and a sub to the amp? If so, how? ive been looking for an amp but they usually just have two channels. Should i hook the 6x9s to the one channel and then the sub to the other channel? And what is the difference between the wattage an the RMS Wattage?

adam_adam
Unregistered guest
Hi i have two 10" kicker comps and a two channel JBL cs200.1 series amp i was wondering what the best way to hook these subs up to my amp would be.... and right now i have each of them hooked up to their own channel and its not as loud as when i only have one hooked up....when i hook the second one up its like it looses power

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 748
Do any of you people have, or read the installation instruction which come with this equipment?
Have you checked the manufacturers website?

Gecko
Unregistered guest
I have a 1000 watt sub 4 ohms. can any one tell me an amp in australia that can take it to its full potential.

Unregistered guest
I have a 4 channel amp and a single DVC sub(4ohm each VC), I'd like to know how to bridge a channel pair so that I culd connect a bridged channel pair on each of the voice coils. Would the pairing of two channels result in a Left+Right output if the to be paired channels are Left and Right from the RCA? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my idea is to have a pure Left and pure Right output for each bridged channel pair thus I have to connect pure Left or pure Right on 2 respective RCA channels that is to be bridged, then a bridged channel for each Voice Coil. I'd like to know if thats the best possible way to get the best output. My amp runs 450watts/channel and my sub at 500watts for each Voice Coil. Currently Im just using 2 channels(Left and Right) 1 for each Voice Coil. Although I have a good background on electronics, I'm just a beginner with Car Audio. Thank you for any advice you could give me.-ian

Johnnnnnnnskoa
Unregistered guest
This message is for the idiot that claimes he has 4 Solo X 18's. First of all you would need at least 2 fuckln escalades to even fit them into based on the sizes of the box. And if you asked best buy for advice your an idiot. Best Buy doesn't know a damn thing when it comes to car stereos. They dont sell an amp more than 250 RMS. 4 Solo X 18's would take 5000 dollars worth of amps to run full power. I own ony my self and i can barely hear anything with just one amp

Johnnnnnnnskoa
Unregistered guest
I am also thinking about getting a couple of the kicker 2500, but i have a few questions. I have the dual 2 ohm solo X 18. If i were to buy just 1 kicker 2500.1 would i be able to run just that one amp to the dual 2 ohm sub? And also how would I wire it if anyone can give me any info. Obviously the other kid was full of it talkin bout this 4 Solo x 's

Unregistered guest
hi im smashed at the moment .. um 4 channal 800 wat amp,, looking to run 12" sub and 2 250 6x9's ... do i need bigger amp ,, and well it sound right?

Username: Pspflyer

Farmington hills, Michigan United states

got a question on installling i have a lanzar vibe 435 amp its rated as 4 x 200 watts rms at 4 ohms, 4 x 400 watts max at 4 ohms, 2 x 800 watts max at 4 ohms bridged. I have 2 12 ince lanzar heritage subs rated at 500 watts rms and 1000 watts peak. what would be the best way of wiring this up for the best performance and sound. any information would be greatly appreciated. i have them wired up normal and seems to me that they should sound a lot louder they get distorted as the volume goes up. thanks TIM

Unregistered guest
I have a sony xm2200gtx 1200w 2 channel amp,and 2 12 Eclipse DVC 4Ohm subs.I want to bride the amp but I want to make sure I do it so that i am putting a 4ohm load on the amp itself because The amp spec say that it is not rated for a 2 ohm load. what should i do?

kickerman
Unregistered guest
can you bridge a 4 channel amp to power 2 subs?

amack
Unregistered guest
k i have a 2 rockford p2's single 4 ohm voice coils and an mtx 4001 its 2 channels and i was wondering if i bridged it 2 get more power wat would be the ohm load on the amp be cuz its stable at 2 ohms or would it put the ohm load below that

Username: Bobbwhy

i have rockfords fosgate p5002 amp, 125x2 at 4 ohms, 250x2 at 2 ohms, 500x1 at 4 ohms bridged. with 2 15" audio bahn special edition subs, 2 ohm or 8 ohm operation, 4 ohm dual. 500watts max. im not to car audio literate. please tell me best way to wire this and the specs it will run under.

Unregistered guest
Hello my name is alfredo I have two audiobahn subs aw122n single 4 ohm coil, each with an RMS of 550 watts. I can't seem to find the right amp to power them, any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Hello my name is alfredo I have two audiobahn subs aw122n single 4 ohm coil, each with an RMS of 550 watts. I can't seem to find the right amp to power them, any suggestions?

otherwise
Unregistered guest
i have a 15 watt amp and i 30 watt amp is it possible to bridge em together... and if i can how could i... i think the 30 watt amp has 3 inputs..

unregistered
Unregistered guest
I have a solo X 18" being pushed by 4 Memphis mc1000d amps bridged together. I'm glad to see that memphis came out with a 4000 watt amp which I am going to get. I guy at the shop I get my stuff installed has got two of these in the back of his pickup with a blow through. His box alone at cost was $2000.. He is waiting on the two memphis 4000d to come in so he can hook them up. It is going to be insane..

patrick13
Unregistered guest
I have 2 alpine type R 12s and 2 1200w sony explod amps an my question is how can i hook up each speaker to each of the amps to get the best sound

Anonymous

hey i have 2 10" alpine type E subs and a kenwood 600w 2 channel amp, what is the best way to wire them?

Username: Kerty

i have two 10" pioneer subs 800 wats max power, so about 350 watts nominal, my amp is visonkik 800 watts. it is 2*250watts at 2 ohms and 1*800 wats bridged. i will get more power if i bridge it, but how do i bridge it? i heard i have to buy a bridge. where do i get it?

Anonymous

I have (1) 12" 800 watt Power SQ-12 and (1) Performance Tecknique ICBM-772 2 chanel Amp(800 watts)
How could i get the most power from this 2 chanel amp to power this one sub? How would I bridge it?
Also I have a crossover?(what could Iuse this for?)Thanks in advance

Username: G_cuddles

Penns Grove , NJ USA

I had 2 12" Subs put with 760 watt amp to each sub . It worked fine for a while now when I turn my radio up medium loud my left amp shutts off and over current light comes on , but only the one amp......any help?

Username: G_cuddles

Penns Grove , NJ USA

?

Username: Markey18

Can anyone tell me how to bridge a 2 channel 800 watt amp.please help

unregistered
Unregistered guest
Go here!!!!!

http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Guide/SpeakerAmplifierWiring/

Unregistered guest
I have a quick question.. I got a 2 channel 200watts jensen amp -250 brigded. I got two 450watts Kenwood subs.. I just need to know if i should just brigde one or both of them to get the best sound.. I also know that i need a bigger amp but this is all i've got..

Unregistered guest
Hey I have 2 12inch MTX subs and a 350watt Alpine amp. The amp's got a cable comen out of it to the daul channel amps, the cable has a positive and a negative side. The subs have a small wire with a + and - on each side so 4 charges totall, so i have 6 wires and 4 wholes, How do I hook them up correctly with all of this. Please let me know asap.

Unregistered guest
hey i have a four channel sony xplod 500 watt amp and i want to power one 12" sony xplod sub. can i do this, and if so, how?

Unregistered guest
i have a 4 channel pioneer amp 800watt, 2 12" (600 watt each) lennex subwoofers in a box, and 2 12" (400 RMS each) audiobahn subwoofers not in a box. i have the amp connected but it is not working correctly with the stock speakers. can someone tell me how to bridge the amp and connect all of the subwoofers together. please email me at supralover4u@hotmail.com with what to do.

thanks
Andrew O

Username: Matt121486

how would i bridge the following

rockford P6002 2 channel amp
2 rockford P2 10" subs - 8ohm

and their in a sealed box...

it was hooked up before and only one side of the box was plugged in from the amp and both subs worked... i unplugged from the box and turned it around and now only one sub works... any idea what happened???

Username: Katana100

Canada

Hey, I have a power acoustik 240w amp max, 4 channel. And want to use it to power a kicker 10" sub. 300w max. Any opinions out there??

Username: Katana100

Canada

Ok, my next question. And by the way. Thanks for the responses on my first question. Some of you were very helpful, and some as usual were jerk,s.who think they know way too much. And yet again want to hear themselves say it. Question is...Is it advisable to bridge my 4 channel 240 w. amp for the 300 w. sub.???

Bronze Member
Username: Audiowizard69

Post Number: 82
do it . i think it would do fine.

Username: Dlenz4437

I have a bridged 4ohm type r 15" to a xplod 1200 watt amp.

I was planning on buying another type r 15"(4omh) and i already bought the amp. Its a Boss CH700. I went to there website and it said 1200w bridged at 4 ohms.

40hm 500 watts rms 15" + 4ohm 750 watts rms 15" = 1250 watts 2ohm when bridged in paralel.

The wattage matches up with the amp but the ohms dont therefore i dought it will work. Could i wire it in series? Or does 2 4ohm subs even turn into a 2ohm load when bridged(because that it what i have heard).

Username: Mikestewy

I have a Sony Xplod 4-Channel 500 Watt Amplifer, XM-504Z, two rocksford fosgate punch 10" subs and a 10" pyle sub. I was wondering how to hook this all up to get the most power out of the subs. Can anybody help me with this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us