Isaac READ!!!

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 112
Hey isaac did you just buy another 250g4? If you did I was bidding on that amp and you outbid me by $10! I hate you!!! Just jokin,but i thought you said you had 2 250g4s and a 275g4? Wut are you gonna do with 3 250g4s? You wanna sell me one i neeed it more than you!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1672
Sorry man, I didn't know it was you. I ordered the 250G4 amp as a backup to my other ones. The good news is, I am done now. You can have the rest of the G4 amps.. :-)
My first choice was the 275G4 amp but someone outbid me while I wasn't home. I lost that bid by $10 too!
TWiZTiD, I've just finished testing Xtant amp. It is one beautiful product. It sounded as good as the G4 amp. You might want to take a look at that too.
There are some excellent deals on eBay on Xtant. I am puzzled as to why these people are selling great amps for low price and then replacing them with new $hitty amps.
Oh I just checked, there are still couple of 250G4/G5 amps left on eBay. They're all yours.
I might be interested on the 225G5 amp. Not bad price. Hopefully no one else will bid except me... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 113
Yea i was wondering about those g5 amps there is a 250g5 and 225g5 and the guy said they are the ones made in usa i think he called them g5.2 not the g5 which is made in another country. Is that true?How would i know if they really are the usa made ones? And are they basically the same as a g4? Oh yea one more question,about the xtant amp.There are some 600.1 amps on ebay for pretty cheap and do you think 600 watts would be overpowering my 12w6(400rms)? It will problly be in a ported box and ive heard you need less power for your sub in ported.Then there are also some xtant 300.1 would that work good? Or what if i get a sealed box with the 600.1?Oh by the way i got my orion 225g4 about a week ago and i just wanted to thank you for introducing me to them it is one beatiful amp,its in almost perfect condition,i hooked it up to my 2 12" type rs just to see if it worked and it gave them the loudest 25 watts ive ever heard!! I think it problly puts out like 100-150 watts rms x2 at 4ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1198
Isaac, you don't have any left over 250g4's that you wanna sell do you? lol. I'm looking at getting one to run a 15" Avalanche. And if I can't get a G4, what else would you recommend to run the Avy with? I plan on putting anywhere from 600 - 900 watts rms into it, but I need to stay under 300 bucks, the lower the better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1681
TWiZTiD, G5 is identical to G4 in spec wise. If you get the one on eBay right now, it is US made.
Now you know what real clean power is like. Makes you just want to spend all day listening to music.
If you have a song with very low bass, you'll actually be able to hear them with G4. I tested my G4 amp against 1800w rms Class D amp. It produced notes that I haven't heard before. The class D made those ultra low bass a bit muffled. Didn't notice it till I compared with G4.
If I were you, I'd get Xtant's 600w amp instead of 300. You can always turn down the volume, but not the other way around. Remember, most subs will handle extra clean power without blowing.

Sorry Joe Smoe, I don't have any G4s to sell you. You can however, check eBay weekly. Don't know why, but there always seems to be someone selling it. Maybe they don't realize how good the amp is.
For your alternatives, you can look at PPI's white Art series amp. Very nice, I've personally tested it. PPI's PC series is another one you should look at. It is US made just like G4 amps.
Xtant should also work great for your power and price range.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1201
Hmm, thanks Isaac. I'll look into the PPI's as well. I know James is running his Avalanche 15 with a PPI. Any other good us made companies I should look into?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 126
Check out www.acaraudio.com They have most amps and audio dealers that are hard to find.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1682
There aren't too many US made amps left. The ones I mentioned above are the only affordable amps for most people.
I looked at acaraudio.com's website. Makes you appreicate how valueable eBay is. They have 225G4 amp at $379! TWiZTiD got his amp for $200.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1228
Yeah. I think I'm gonna go with the 250g4. There's a couple on ebay. I emailed chad, I'm waiting to see what he thinks about using that amp with the avalanche, and then I'll probably see if I can get 1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1685
Okay, but don't wait too long. When it's gone, it's gone unless you want to pay over $500 at acaraudio.com.
If you haven't used G4 amp yet, I guarantee you, you will love it.
I am not sure if there's any amp out there that can do LP, HP and bandpass.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1231
Well, yeah I plan on buying it once I hear from Chad. He will probably get back to me by tomorrow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1688
Okay, if you take too long I might just buy it before you! Ha ha, just kidding.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1233
How do you feel about factory refurbs? My mtx amp was a refurb, and it worked just fine, just wanted your opinion though. There's 2 on ebay right now, one 250 is used, the other is a refurb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1691
I always recommend new first, then used. I really don't trust refurbished products. Most of the time, it's been abused.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us