Icbm-digital 2 channel

Bronze Member
Username: Blindmp2

Post Number: 14
i have a icbm-digital two channel amp, and i have 2 subwoofers, dual 4 ohm, im wondering if i could bridge the woofers to get 1 ohm but im not sure if the amp can be brigded

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 43
Do you have the box or model number of the amp? Really a mono block is going to work better, MOst are at least 2 ohm stable. Many are 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
this is one ohm stable

Bronze Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 44
Mono block amps are already bridged onto 1 channel(MONO BLOCK- mono means one) Do you mean you have 2 speaker outputs on the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yes i do

Bronze Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 47
That amp is very similar to my own (autotek sx1200-x) It also has ONE speaker output Split into TWO. You want a 1 ohm load to the amp right? Do this: Wire one sub's voice coil to the other (neg-neg, pos-pos) then wire it to ONE speaker outlet(neg-neg, pos-pos). Do the same with the other sub on the OTHER speaker outlet. This should be 1ohm at the amp. Correct if I am wrong here guys. Kojak.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
you are correct in getting 1 ohm, but im not sure, if the amp doesnt say brigde wont it hurt it

Bronze Member

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 52
The definition of bridge is (in car audio lingo) is: putting 2 channels and making 1 out of them. Mono blocks are already "bridged" internally. L & R channels are converted into 1 within the amp. Wire it like I said previously & check it w/ the gains set low. By the way what is the rms of that amp @1ohm?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us