Sony Xplod amp adjustments RF Punch subs enclosed box

Username: Renegade

Riverside, Ca United States

Post Number: 1
I have SONY XPLOD XM-2100GTX 600 WATT 2 CHANNEL amp running to 2 300 Watt Stage 1 RF Punch 10s in an enclosed box. I'm not sure how to set the settings on the amp for the best sound. Is this a good match? And is an enclosed box good for this set up? Or would it sound better on a front mounted box? Right now the sound is not very clean.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 21
Are you running a crossover? YOu could get 250 watts total from that amp in stereo @ 2 ohms Why in the crap do they rate this amp @ 600w? Oh yeah...SONY. If you haven't already, read the thread on why sony products suck. Not saying that what you have may be a decent system. BUT you said it at the end: not very clean. Another thing it has been my experience with 10" subs, I could not get the "mud" out of them. That is the "dirty" sound when they hit. You can hear it really well OUTSIDE the vehicle. If You want good hard hitting bass that sounds good to a variety of music, get 12" sub(s). I went from 2 10"s to 1 12", and it made all the difference in the world. You might want to invest in a x-over to for the mids and highs if SQ (sound quality)is what you are looking for. Oh yeah, stay away from SONY. Were those subs single or dual voice coil? You COULD get 500w from the amp if they are DVCs. Then again I don't know if that amp is 2ohm stable in mono.GOOD LUCK. Kojak
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us