Which amp would you get?

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 80
Hey Everyone,

I was all set to buy the MRD-M1001 amplifier to go with my SWX-1242 sub, but the deal fell through. I am having trouble sourcing another MRD-M1001 becasuse it has been discontinued because the MRD-M1005 is coming out soon. It could be weeks before the MRD-M1005 comes out, so I might have to consider another amp choice.

What similar amp would you rather have in its place? I was going to spend about $380 - $400US plus shipping (buying online) for the MRD-M1001.

Any suggestions? I need to know quick because my installation appointment is very soon!

Thanks!
Bryan

Username: The_fox

Post Number: 5
i'd look into vibe vp amps, there nice an loud and somewhere in that price range 8) If not for that kinda cash you could get a very nice alpine amp. if only i had $400.......

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 109
Alpine doesnt make the best amps.What is the rms of your sub?dvc or svc? For that kinda money look into jl,zapco,eclipse,mtx and maybe kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1578
Why would you spend $400 on an Alpine amp? Don't let the name fool you. Zapco/Arc Audio/Xtant/JL/Orion/PPI Art series,PC and PCX series are much better amp compared to Alpine.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 81
OK, I used to be set on Alpine just because I loved the quality and longevity of their products that I have used in the past. I also kind of watned the Alpine amp so that I could link the amp to my CDA-9835 head unit.

So, here is what I have:

- Alpine CDA-9835 Head Unit
- Alpine SWX-1242D Subwoofer

And now I need an amp to power this sub. Preferably $400 or less. I will check out the suggestions, and if there are any more, please let me know :-) If you can tell me of any good places to buy them, that would be great too!

Regards,
Bryan

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 83
What do you guys think of the US Amps DE-1000 amplifier? I can maybe land a local deal on that one and get it for roughly the same price as I would pay for the MRD-M1001 (because I save on shipping, taxes, duty, customs brokerage fees etc.)

Please let me know if this amp is good!

Thanks,
Bryan

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 35
MRD-M1001 is a good amp at 1000RMS 1x 2ohm that good amp AND THE Power T10001bd From Rockford fosgate 1000Wx1@1Ohms RMSis a great amp

Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 8
Has anybody heard of Autotek? I got an SX1200X
class x monoblock amp online for $300. It is 1200Wx1
@1ohm. You should see this thing's insides-it is built like a tank. (class x has 2 speaker
outlets and differs from a class d in that it
does NOT use a digital signal...pure analog-nothing but clean, pure hard hitting, back splitting bass). You could run this
thing at 1/2 ohm!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1581
BryanD, US Amps DE-1000 is a better amp than Apline. However, I must tell you that it's a digital amp. Similar to class D and T, but is suppose to be improved.
For me, I personally think class AB is the best for pumping out high quality bass.
If you had a choice between US Amps and Alpine, go with US Amps. If you have some cash hidden under your bed, use it now to purchase Zapco/Arc Audio class AB amps. You won't regret it.
Have you looked at PPI's PC or PCX series? One of those suckers will out perform alpine. The PC series are made in the USA. Very clean sounding amp.
Right now there's Orion's HCCA 250G4 amp on sale. It's rated 800w rms minimum @ 1ohm. Let me tell you, that amp is a beast. I have 2 of them plus 275G4. If you ever get a chance to listen to G4 amp, do it. You will be surprised with the power and clean sound.
The price is around $200. I am sure it'll go up soon since that's the opening bid.
Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3338
Or a US amps AB amp :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1584
I knew I forgot something! Yea, US Amps do make class AB also.

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 108
hey isaac what do you think of mtx class d amps? i havent had any other system in my life but i really like what i got. the mtx 421d to be exact. not too powerful but its pretty damn loud for what it is IMO.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
Thanks for the help guys :-)

RIght now it is really looking like the US Amps DE-1000. Is there something wrong with digital? Can you guys elaborate on this amp a little more?

Thanks,
Bryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us