Optima yellow top battery

Bronze Member
Username: Jdub_dub

Post Number: 37
what are the different types of yellow top batteries? i noticed that there are at least 3 or 4 different types of yellow top batteries? anyone know the differences between them?

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 27
there are two different size yellow tops then there is a red top and a blue. the yellow top is a secondary battery good for running systems. it can be used as a starting battery but you are better off using red top as your starting battery. yellow tops are deep cycle which means you can kill them and recharge them numerous times with out damaging them, they are also known for holding a charge longer then a regular battery. a red top is a battery with a high cold crank good for starting youre vehicle in cold conditions. the last is a blue top which is a marine vehicle type battery.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdub_dub

Post Number: 38
about the 2 different sizes of yellow tops. are they just different shell sizes, or does one hold more electic potential?

another thing. would it be ok to wire a red top and a yellw top in parallel? or would this be a bad idea because they are 2 different types of batteries? if i cant do that, then does anyone know how much a battery isolater costs?

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 30
the two yellow top batteries have a different cold crank amount. i think i paid like 50 for my isolater. i have an 860 cold crank duralast up front and and a yellow top in the bed of my truck

Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 5
WOW runing two batteries in parallel is a good thing some tims! a isolaater is what i use,with two big batteries, however if youre thinking of the parallel way. it's best to get two of the same kind, plus they most be the same age, and put in at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 6
(OPPS) batteries of the same kind
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us