Which has better amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 71
i was looking at amps for the mb quart premiums that i will most likely get and i was wondering which company makes better amps, JL or eclipse? im not sure whether im getting 2 or 4 channel, i keep getting mixed opinions as to which to get, but i think i had it narrowed down to those 2 brands. which does everyone think would be better? any input would be great, or if you have other suggestions, thats great too. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 442
I like Eclipse, maby because everyone around where I live are so hung up on Jl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
thanks taylor. anybody else have an opinion?

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 315
I also like Eclipse better, Every JL product I had I never really liked for some reason.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 651
when comparing these two companies all you are going to get is opinions. They are both good companies and you will be happy with either one. So see what you need for power, see which one matches up the best, and cost of each and make your decision that way.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1519
Eclipse is overrated just like Alpine. JL do make some good amps. You just need to buy the right model.
Go for Zapco first. If that's out of your price range, then try Orion, PPI PC and PCX series. Xtant produce excellent 2 and 4 channel amps. Take a look at their x604 series.
But the ultimate amp to get is Orion HCCA G4s. It not only is a great amp for components but also subs. You won't find too many amps that's better than G4.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3227
Overrated? That's one I have to disagree with. Eclipse makes excellent amps, I've used them in the past and have had no problems whatsoever getting rated power from them and then some. The build quality is excellent, they use independant toroidal transformers for each channel, a MOSFET power supply, isolated power and driver stages, and the entire design of their amps are well engineered and well executed. You just have to be look at the fact that they list an RMS and then a "music" or peak power. Eclipse is one of the best all around companies (as in best for "one brand" systems) out there. The build quality of all their stuff is top notch, very low failure rate on all their equipment, and sound quality and SPL matches.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
thanks jon. i think i was leaning towards the eclipse. and isaac i had actually looked at zapco stuff too, the ref350 for the mb quart prem. comps. and the ref 500/1 for an RE SE sub. not sure if i can afford those though, but i am looking and may save up to get those, if they would be right for my system. if i cant get those, i may go with the eclipse, still in the process of making my decision. any further input from anyone would be great, thanks a lot everyone.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1521
Yes overrated on some models. I looked at Eclipse's 5 channel amp. It is not well made and not up to their standards.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us