Rattling bass?!!

Anonymous

I have a 1989 Honda Civic, with two Adrenalin Subwoofers in a bandpass enclosure. I'm having a problem with the roof rattling when heavy bass notes hit, and i would like to figure out a way to put and end to this. Any inexpensive options i have, or what do i need to do?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1178
dampen the roof using dynamat r similar.
on eBay you can get brownbread, fatmat, and others for pretty cheap.
it's a sound deadening material made to absorb metal vibration that's edhesive on one side, and comes in a large rolled mat that you cut to fit your application.

bassman
Unregistered guest
I have a 1991 Lumina and the trunk in rattling really bad were it latches. How would I stop it or at least get it quieter???

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1607
tighten down the screws and bolts around the latch, sound dampen the trunk using dynamat type materials.

Chad
Unregistered guest
What about in my jeep where the hardtop rattles, there is no way to hide the dynomat. Any ideas?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1750
sure there is
you mat the roof, then put the headliner back in place..
at least that's how I did my grand cherokee.

are you talking about a CJ body?

chad
Unregistered guest
Its a yj body, the hardtop is just painted, I dont really want to mat it, and it doenst rattle so much up top as it does where it screws down. Any ideas?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1766
tighter bolts?

chad
Unregistered guest
lol, ya ya, Good point. What i meant to say is the space in between. Not the actual bolts but the gaps that are left in between. I guess tighter bolts still, or maybe more bolts. Thanks Glasswolf

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1770
lock-tite to tighten down the bolts themselves
rubber or cork spacers for in between
expanding spray foam for areas not exposed to the weather to silence them.
those are a few ideas.

Username: Hockeyforchrist

Marcellus , Mi Usa

Post Number: 1
i am wiring a 96 dodge neon. i just bought it. it had a really cheap cd player in it. and who ever wired the cd player and a 15 inch sub had no idea what they were doing. they ended up frying the power wire to the wire harness itself in the neon. they had a power wire running from inside the car in the fuse box. any suggestions on how to run a power wire. the power wire to the wire harness doesnt even have power. where can i get power to run my cd player? any suggestion would help greatly.

Unregistered guest
u can power from the battery and remote from the fuse block lmmfao aint so hard stupid
eather that see how much wiring is there that u can salvage to tap into so u can save whats there if that helps any of even go to a junk yard and get factory wiring harness and take out the dash and rewire a new one in to the dash board thats what i would do if you wanna do it right takes time but aint the easy nor the cheap way out good luck and have fun stupid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us