SpOnTaNuEoS CaPaCiToR i ThInK???? HELP!

A.C.
Unregistered guest
ya, i changed my speaker set up recently in my trunk, and i have ever since had this problem. I dont know what it is excatly all i know is that sometimes i dont get any sound out of my SUB. when this happens i have found out that all i need to do is (barely) tap on the fuse box (running from capacitor) and i will hear sound agian, what i dont understand is that when in the instances when i dont hear any sound my amp will be ON THOUGH. so as you can see i dont understand what is wrong with this situation. If anyone has had any similar problem or knows what i have done wrong plz let me know its vERY annoying. Oh way my new ground isnt the best but i dont think that should has anything to do with this problem . PLZ HELP

ilgcsm
Unregistered guest
wow i dont know maybe someone else would know. THIS SOUNDS LIKE I VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM. that only an expert can solve.

Some Help Here

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 931
well your loosign a connection somewhere. I would tighten up that ground thats how fire's start with loose grounds. Tighten up your ground then check all the connections around your amp and cap. it doesnt sound like its serious. I would bet that its just a loose connection somewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 554
Yep, sound's like a bad connection somewhere.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
ive checked every thing and now my amp will turn on but the lights on the amp are very dimp and ihear no sound out of the speaker. I belive that it may be the REM wire does any one thing that this could be the problem. see i have a smaller wire running from my Head unit to my amp where it is extended by adding it onto a different wire (which has like twice the radius). this could be it becuase recently i disconnected these two wires then reconnected them, And my amp started working properly (that is a heard sound out of my sub).

But if someone could please help me out i would appreaciate im starting to get VERY aggravated

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 934
ok take a 22 guage wire and run it from your cars fuse box try your radio fuse or cigarette lighter fuse wrap the wire aound the fuse once and plug the fuse back in. run it across your car to your amp and plug the other side into your amp in the remote terminal. if it works fine then there is your problem. if not check something else like your grounds.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well i have my fuse box running right next (rahter on) my capacitor

A.C.+
Unregistered guest
ok. ive checked everything and i havent solved the problem at all if anything i have made the problem worse by taking james longos advice and blowing my lighter in my car... whatever...
Im starting to think that this isnt even a wire problem. Does any one else here think that it could just be like my amp becuase i will amit it is a somewhat crap amp not as bad as sony but its still bad. So like i said i belive that it is either the amp or my ground wire is to long (about 4'). BUT WHATEVER IT IS I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SOMETIMES IT WILL WORK THOUGH SOOOOOOOO CONFUSED AM I.

Username: Jrz126

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 6
Wire size on the remote wire wouldnt affect it, wire length wouldnt effect it either. I'd suggest disconnecting the cap and trying it, maybe the cap is causing some problems. Also, how good of a ground do you have? Also, if you have a voltmeter, check the voltage there. that would indicate a bad ground or low power.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
see this is what i dont understand i have two amps hooked up to this capacitor and one amp ALWAYS works ALWAYS. Like i said the amp that i use for my sub(s) in my trunk is the one that doesnt. Really this is starting to make me very very aggravated. I also changed my ground wire so that it is directly connected to the top of my trunk so i really dont think that this is it, but like i said the ground wire off of this amp is ~4'. One other thing i dont know if i said it or not but this "broken sub amp" turns on BUT LIKE i did say i hear abosolutley no sound out of the subs. So WTH

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 994
listen dude the fact that it blew your fuse dumb a$$ is because there is a short somewhere else its not because you took my advice becasue what I told you to do under normal circumstances works just as good as the remote wire off of your head unit FU$KO. So lose your F'ing attitude or no one will want to help your dumb a$$.

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 10
The ground wire could be 25 feet long, it doesnt make a difference.
So the amp turns on but there is no sound? Kinda sounds like a signal input problem to me...
is the amp that works connected to the same power wire as the broken one?

A.C.
Unregistered guest
YEs it is they are just connected to diferent grounds. I also dont know if i mentioned earler that before when this appened i would just hit my Fuse box (power box from capacitor) and my amp would work as long as a didnt turn my car off. But unfortionaity this isnt the case anymore. I fixed that problem simply by untangling the power wire. It was working up until this weekend when iintall 2 15" speakers onto it and then unitstalled them and put my old 12" sub onto it. Ever since this the amp hasnt been making any sound. soooo. i really dont know what it is im thinking maybe its like a build up of a charge or something but this is very unlikely. So has anyone here ever experinced this problem before??

Bronze Member

Erie, PA USA

Post Number: 12
what amp do you have?
kinda sounds like the amp is bad, did you run it kinda hard when you had the 2 15's connected? also, what ohm load did you put on the amp? (How did you wire the 2 15's)

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well they were working fine when i had the 15" speakers installed. but when i switched to the 12" sub i havent heard any sound. oh ya the ohm load from the 12" is dual 2ohm and the 15" are 8ohms each. But like i said before the wierd thing is that this used to happen with my 12" sub and all i had to do is hit my fuse box (from capacitor) because it is hanging in the air, and it would always work but it doesnt work anymore/

A.C.
Unregistered guest
and yes my amp is 2ohm~8ohm stable

A.C.
Unregistered guest
so can anyone help me?!

A.C.
Unregistered guest
I fell so dumb ive checked my fuse a hundred times on my amp and i always thought it looked wierd. WELL it is blown!!!!!!!!!!!!
so hopefully this is what was wrong with my amp, i am going to go get another fuse later.
Ill tell youll how it went

Unregistered guest
also, i had the same issue, well they have what is called slow blow fuses, and you cant tell if they are blown just by looking at them, so you need to test them with a multimeter, if the restance through fuse is OL or overload then your fuse is blown, plus i was informed by soundworld, that you should have your capicitor, as close as you can to your amp, i mounted mine to the back of my cab, and drilled holes and anything, and it doesnt do sh1t, if it is workign properly, then the voltage should drop from like 14 volts down to i dunno yet cuzi havent hooked it up close, but it shoudl drop everytime your bass hits, and im gonna move it and try to get it under a foot away from my amp. good luck guys, if its more than a foot away, it may not be doing any good at all, cuz its just another thing that the battery has to charge

A.C.
Unregistered guest
YEAH! i fixed it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us