Car amp troubleshooting need help

Username: Brett99

Post Number: 1
I have a USacoutics 2300 amp and the protection light is on there is nothing burnt or blown inside I don't think The power supply is switch DC to AC it checked the rectifier diodes and they are all right I have come to an end with this amp so if you could give me any siggestions it would be a great help. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1490
What are you trying to do with the amp? What do you mean by "The power supply is switch DC to AC"? When an amp blows, sometimes there is no visible sign that you can see. If it goes in protection mode all by itself, then it's a safe guess that it will need servicing.

Username: Brett99

Post Number: 2
I am trying to repair it. It is in protect mode and there is no visible sings such as fusable resistors burnt or transistors blow out. I want to fix it myself because it is old. I was just asking for suggestions of what to look for I have checked every cap and resistor on the board for open or shorts I don't know what eles could be wrong. The output stage is getting about 0.41Volts DC which should be AC. I don't know what is causing this to happen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us