Power Acoustik 3000 watts

Username: Fawiek

Post Number: 1
hey guys. i need someone with a decent background with car audio. i recently purchased the poweracoustik 3000 monoblock class D amp. im not really sure how well this works, just seemed like a bargain for the price. and well summer is coming an i need a new amp (my old 1 was stolen [hope u rot in he**]) but yea anyways how will this amp hold up? the subs im running it to is two 12" MA competition subs rated at 400rms each. for sure im gonna have extra power in the amp right? but how far down should the gain be so i dont fry the subs? get back to me asap..thanx!! will be grateful!
ohh one more thing!!!! what gage amp kit should i get to run this to max the sound without blowing the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 271
I'd say 2 gauge wire, assuming the amp will accept it. Also, the amp is rated 1100W at 4 ohms and 1800W at 2 ohms, so keep that in mind when you wire it. If they are 4 ohm DVC subs, I'd tell you to wire them to 4 ohms so you don't give them way too much power. Take it to a shop to get the gain set on it. Good luck with everything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us