Need expert opinion on amp to power new subs.

Username: Tpatel

Post Number: 1
hey guys, i am a first tome poster to this site. seems like a great community. i recently purchased two Diamond Audion M6 10D4 subwoofers.
some brief specs:
Specifications
RMS Power Handling: 800 Watts
Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils
Sensitivity: 84 dB (1w/1m)

im sure you have heard of them. the question is, which amp should i get to power these guys. i was looking into the the Diamont D7402 which has power specs like this.
RMS Output Power
1600 Watts x 1 Bridged @ 4 Ohms

this seems to match perfect but at the same time its over a grand. the question is, should i stick to this one? or is there a amp that will do me better of close to the same at a lower or competitive price. i just dont want to get this amp and then find out i could have gone a different route that would be made it sound better. thanks for reading.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 569
that set up should make you very happy but if you dont want to spend that much on a amp look into the Orion 2100 HCCA on ebay. They go for about $500-$650. With this amp you would run those subs in parellel @ 1ohm and that amp will deliver serious power not to mention incredible precision while your at it.

Post Number: 2
hey james, i typed that amp into ebay and yahoo and it came up blank, possible typo?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 570
no its not a typo could just be that there arnt any on there right now give it a few days one will come on. It is worth the wait.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1438
The ultimate amp to get is Orion HCCA 275G4. It was on eBay for 2 hours till someone bought it using "Buy Now" button. It went for $400. I was thinking of getting it.
That amp is rated 1200w rms, but it'll give almost 1600W rms. What's great about G4 is that it comes with phase shift control, crossover with Intelli Q, and rca buffered preouts.
Diamond Audio is a great product. For a grand, you might want to look at other brands like Orion, Zapco C2K 9 (was on sale for $900 before), Arc Audio, Xtant.

Post Number: 3
hey thanks for all the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us