Which RCA Cables?

Username: Idealconcepts

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 4
I'm hooking up a Bazooka BTA6200 to my 89 Regular Cab Toyota Pick Up Truck. This is my commuter truck and I want more bass to go with the aftermarket deck and speakers the guy I bought the truck from installed. Since this is my commuter truck I wanted to go with low cost equipment so the Bazooka 6.5 inch sub (powered) was the cheapest thing I could find that would fit in behind the seat of the truck. Now with the RCA cables to the deck and the sub amp, can I just use home audio RCA cables? They have Radio Shack Gold Plated RCA cables for $19.99 (for 12ft) and wanted to use those instead of buying Tsunami, Fosgate, or Monster Cable and spend twice or even three times as much. Are there huge differences with Home Audio RCA cables and Audio RCA Cables? Pro's and Con's of using Home Audio RCA cables in my truck? Keep in mined this is my commuter truck that I want more bass but not going to spend a lot of money and want to buy this at a store, not order online. Thanks in advance for you comments and help.

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 50
Go to www.knukonceptz.com they have GREAT products at a great price.Im not sure if you could use home rcas I would say you could but I wouldnt try it.

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info TWiZTiD.

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 6
Went to Radio Shack and they had Monster Cable Car Audio RCA Cables for $14.99 (10ft). Even though I promised myself never to purchase Monster Cable, this was the cheapest Car Audio RCA cables I could find in my area. TWiZTiD I checked out the website and determined with shipping the cable would cost approximately the same so I skipped out on it and just purchased the Monster Cable, even though I vowed (2 years ago) to never again buy any Monster Cable Product.

Username: Fordphan

Oil City, PA USA

Post Number: 4
I just thought that i'd mention that home RCA cables CAN be used as i used them in a 1991 Mustang convertible i had.

.http://www.mustanglife.com/gallery/FORDSrule/89472.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us