Amp is blowed ? help »»

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 69
It is the second time the same thing happened.I have a home sterio JVC Old amp connected with PC. suddendly smokes comes out from it yesterday and i feel that there is something wrong with its internal transformar.Two months ogo i already payed some RS to a technission for same problem.Its external fuse is still alive.
Now at this time if i just turn On the Amp it starts with some noice and again smokes comes out with smell.I am sure if i Turn it On for a long it
will damage.
any help.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1389
Ahmer, what is it that you're trying to accomplish by connecting it to the computer? Are you after surround sound?
When an "old" amp starts to break down, it'll be much cheaper to get another amp, especially home stereo stuffs. Unless the guy repairing is very honest, you'll just keep paying over and over.

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 70
Hey!Issac,that amp is really old model(1986)but i know it is good.i used it with pc for 5 years.
i think it already copleted its life.I don't need to make any surround sound system.At that time i was unaware about SUBs and connect my home sterio amp + sterio cassete deck was to get a quality sound but now it is not enough because it only put out 160 watts speakers.I just want to replace it soon by another but a car sterio power Amplifier.You can assume it as an experiment but i know i must do this.
The main reason to attach a car amp with computer is to get a quality sound + deep bass boost,unfortunately in my country there is no individual home sterio amp available to run Subs
and no one can assembled an amplifier like this.

instant mashies
Unregistered guest
my light on amp comes on, but subs dont work.... can anyone help?

instant mashies
Unregistered guest
my light on amp comes on, but subs dont work.... can anyone help? they just stopped suddenly

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1417
Okay, what brand/model of amp do you have? What is the colour of the light? When it stopped working, what happened? Was the volume set to high?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us