Im new to electronics can anybody help a sister out?

Username: Cutlassclub85

Chicago, Illinois Cook

Post Number: 1
I just got some starter equipment for my ride. Nothing to exclusive, nothing fancy. But I sware I am getting fustrated because I dont hav a manuel for this stuff and im blowing fuses like crazy. I got a garbage JVC KD-S580, Q Power 12'woofers in a glass case and a MTX audio amp. Im having wiring problems can anybody help?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1372
Hey Janetta, first of all, you need amp wiring kit (costs around $30). It comes with power wires, rca cable, fuse and complete instruction manual. It's very easy to follow. You can purchase it from walmart or any other audio shop.
When you say you're blowing fuses, which one are you talking about? What model is your amp?

Username: Cutlassclub85

Chicago, Illinois Cook

Post Number: 4
I was refering to the amp in the radio the 15A and the amp in my panel 10. I dont even know what that amp goes to but I know the 15A is in the back of my cd player. I got a 421D MTX Audio Thunder amp. I got the wiring kit today I think that will solve problem number one, because I had the wrong wires trying to hook up my sounds. I will let you know how it goes. Anyway what else do you think I should purchase with this starter system? I wanna rock the block and show these guys who's BOSS!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1381
Follow the instruction carefully, especially the part about rca cable.
Your MTX amp will put out 150W rms @ 4ohms and 300W rms @ 2ohms. If your sub is 4ohms DVC then wire each voice coil in parallel, that is pos to pos and neg to neg on the sub. This will turn 4ohms into 2ohms. Then hook it up to the amp and you'll get 300w rms.
You might want to invest on a 1F capacitor. It'll help out voltage rails. What this means is that when you get low bass notes, the amp will draw lot of current. If your battery/alternator can't supply the needed power in high speed, you'll notice a drop in bass quality. With a capacitor, it'll supply the needed power at a higher speed than a battery would. So your bass will sound much tighter and fuller. Don't spend more than $70 US on it. Some cost $190 or higher. 1F is good enough for your amp size.
Take your time when installing. It's better to do it right then rush and blow something up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us