Power Acoustic 20.0 farad capacitor.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 92
Hey Guys.

Has anyone used one of this capacitors before.
Or does anyone know anything about it for example is it good. or is it over rated like many capacitors out there. Let me know.
I am interested in getting one because of the size.

here is the link if you dont know what I am talking about.
http://www.poweracoustik.com/CAPACITOR.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Any one have thoughts on this piece of equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1320
You can waste your money on 20F capacitor or buy just what is required. For every 1000W peak power, you need 1F capacitor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
So if I'm up to about 10k RMS it might not be a bad thing to purchase. The only thing that concerns me is the charging time.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1325
10K rms? You'll need to own a power station for that. At that level, you won't need a capacitor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
well I am mainly looking for conditioning the power. I am up to a point that I have never been in system wise so I am looking for experienced people to give additional insight and helping witht the system. I am going to try to compete in SQ and just for kick some SPL see how I do.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 504
just for kicks what is the size of your Alternator or 10 alternators?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Well I found a guy in Souther California that is setting me up with Dual 250 alternators. It is not going to be cheap but One will power the main
truck battery and a second battery. The second Alt will power 2 additional batteries plus a cap if I go with it or a 4th battery.
I not sure yet It is getting real expensive now so decisions are getting tough.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 67
4 batteries wtf? wow, what you have plugged into your car?

i wouldnt recommend poweracousticc capacitors though

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 517
yeah I wouldnt recomend power acoustic anything either. Your the one with all the US amps stuff I just put the name together with the post. Yeah that must sound pretty amazing I wish I could hear it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
Well I was trying to find the Phoenix Gold 20.0 Farad caps but I have had no luck.
As far as sound It is really begining to come together. I have installed my 3 way in the doors. and put in all of the Dynamat. Which was a pain.
I have ran all of the wire. So Know I have to make a custom woofer enclosure for the 2 15's and paint it to match. tune everything and try to have fun with it. I will tell you this I have encountered my first ooops. I blew my mid bass drivers by accident. I miscalculated the clearance between the door panel and the sheet metal well their was enough movement in the panel to touch the compresion terminal post to the metal and well U can guess what happend. So I am waiting for them to get warrantied right now. But it still sound good. Just not alot of mid bass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
If your in So. California your more than welcome to once it is all done.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 536
I wish I was in So cal. I am about the farthest thing from SoCal. CT.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
I'll post pictures up them once I am done with the whole system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us