Question about remote bass control

Bronze Member
Username: Chada08

Post Number: 46
Ok so my amp (MTX MXA6001) comes with remote bass. The manual says to set up the system with the remote control knob turned all the way down. This kinda doesn't make sense to me... If the point of it is to either lessen the bass or raise it (up to your gain setting), then wouldn't it make sense to set up the system with the knob and it's middle setting? just wondering if someone could sort this out for me, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1294
Remote bass can be set anywhere from min to max. However, the gain should be set properly to match your HU's voltage.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
thanks, but i don't think that answers my question, lemme try again. What i meant was, when i set up my system, should i start the remote bass in the middle, so that from then on i could lower or raise the bass accordingly? it just seems to me that by what the manual says, u'd only be able to raise the bass with the gain control.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
You're getting confused. Gain control is NOT a bass nor volume control. Set it once properly and never touch it again. The remote bass control however, is a control that you can play with whenever you feel like. Use it to taylor each song/cd. That's what it's there for, to control the amount of bass you get from the sub. It is not related to gain control at all.
You can start off in the middle, min, or max, your choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I'm not confused, i think i just could have used better wording lol. That's what i figured, thanks for the help. That damn thing just gives me somethin else to play with while i'm tryin to drive haha.

Bronze Member
Username: Adampit

Post Number: 11
i dont tihnk i have ever set my gain, my store prolly set it, what should it be set at for a alpine 9835, 2 12inch type r's wiht a ppi pcx-2125

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
Adam, your HU is 4v preout, so on your PCX2125 amp, set it to 4v and you'll be fine. BTW, that is a very nice amp. Much better than PPI's current models.
I think audio technology is going backwards compared to computers. Every year, computers get better and faster, audio amps get worse.

subless
Unregistered guest
while we're on the topic of remote bass controls.. what is the difference between an Alpine HU's Sub volume control and a bass remote control..? I know the remote boosts the bass.. but does the HU only increases the sub volume and not boost it? or does it do both?
Im currently looking for an amp to power subs im gonna get and think the remote is really usefull to have..but since my HU has a sub volume control built-in will having a bass remote really be a factor in choosing amps..?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us