Whats a good match for REX.X.X

Username: Energyzed

Post Number: 1
15 inch? Dual 4 ohm REX.XX, i've had it for a while and its in a ported box. I had jbl 1200.1 to it (icky) and i need something better. My budget is around ~350 or less. Thank you, I was looking at some of the Hifonics amps. I just dont know!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 321
the JBL is a better amp then the Hifonics. I would try the orion 1200D see how that works out for you. Or try an older Orion HCCA model amp. Alos many people use that amp with that sub and are very happy with it maybe it is your enclosure. What type of box do you have and how big?

Post Number: 2
its around 4.5 cubes, box is fine. i just wanted a little more power, and a subsonic filter. I was also looking at the performance teknique ICBM-D 2000 watt amp. Eh.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 322
I dont know if you should be running that kind of power to that sub. I know it says 1600rms but that is a thermal rating and it only needs about 1200 to reach full excursion. Especially in a box as big as 4.5cu/ft. I have no use with that performance technik nor havee I heard anything about it so I cant help you very much with that. Maybe Jonathan can help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 242
These subs take some power to get moving so you probably want an amp capable of 1600W RMS, even if you aren't going to be using the full 1600W all the time.
The JBL amp is probably better than either the Hifonics or the Performance Teknique. Those are both relatively cheaper brands.
For a subsonic filter, you can get one of those bass blockers, if you need to.
I'd say to look into one of those Orion 1200d amps, if you really want to get a new amp.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 332
you know what amp you might want to check out? Try the Infinity 1210 mono amp I believe it is like 1530watts at 2ohms. That should work great for you. If you need that much power.

Post Number: 3
what would be a better decision at running the orion 1200d at 2ohms or the infinity at 2ohms?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 338
I would go with the infinity. But either one will power it just fine but the Infinity has a little more umph, Because it has an additional 300 watts.

Post Number: 4
Yeah i havent heard much on that infinity amp, so didnt know how good it was LOL!

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 352
Infinity is made by Harman International Industries, Incorporated. They also make the JBL products as well. They are a good company with reliable products. Now Orion is made by Directed. They now make PPI,Orion, and a few others. In my opinion I would go with the Harmon gear over the Directed but many would prob disagree. Again it comes down to prefference. They are both good companies.

Post Number: 5
Thanks a bunch, i'll probably buy that if i get no suggestions:-) oh and i already sold the JBL 1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 559
there is eds nine 1 also. its 350 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3135
Given the choice of those amps, I'd choose the JBL BP1200.1. Excellent amp for the money. Everything I've heard of the newer Infinity and JBL amps has been shaky, the older power series was a better series of amps. How much power you give is totally dependant on the type of enclosure you plan to run, but I'd plan on at least 1000 RMS in most applications, the full 1600 is usually not required.

Post Number: 7
i had the JBL 1200.1 for about 2 years, i wanted a new amp. One with a subsonic filter, too. So eh. I've only read 2 reviews on the inifnity and it was rated good, hm.

Post Number: 8
sorry about the double post, but what about this amp? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D4513671105& category=80741&sspagename=WD1V

Post Number: 9
ack link not working if not its the CONCEPT CD-2410
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us