HELP

jargnard
Unregistered guest
i have a 2000 toyota celica gt, and i just bought 2 solo baric s12l5 subs. i also bought a 2400 watt rockford fosgate amplifier, but the people who tried to install the system say that that amp won't support the subs and that i need an amp that is 1 ohm stable. is this true, and if so, what kind of amp would you recommend?

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 64
well what are your subs configuration..are they dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm??? also what rf amp is this..i dont know of any that are 2400 watts..ive seen 2000 and 3000 not 2400...i need more info to help you with your question..

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 65
the bottom line is this...if your subs are dual 2ohms you can wire them to get a 2ohm load,if they are dual 4ohm,you can still wire them for 4ohm,yielding less power or 1ohm for maximum potential..i have to believe that the rockford amp you are talking about can handle any of these loads including the 1ohm stable..who is this hooking up your system? Circus City?? :-)

jargnard
Unregistered guest
the subs are dual 2 ohm. the amp is the rf p8002. bear with me i'm not very enlightened in this whole car audio field, help me out.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 308
Do you have the Rockford P8002? Just guessing, but I have that amp, and it says 2400 watt's max power, bet that is what you are reading. Look at the rms rating.
Just post the spec's on the sub's and amp.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 309
Sorry about that you beat me to it!

jargnard
Unregistered guest
yep thats the one.

jargnard
Unregistered guest
so basically i'd like to know if this amp really will work or not. and if it doesn't then i'd like some recommendations on what other amp i should get. all thoughts and opinions appreciated

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 310
Sorry man, you can only wire the sub's to a 1 ohm load, or a 4 ohm load. That amp isn't stable at 1 ohm, so that rules out 1 ohm. The next problum is with each sub wired at 4 ohm's, that amp won't supply enough power for the sub's.
You needed the 4 ohm dvc solobaric's for that amp to work.
Sorry man!

jargnard
Unregistered guest
well i can't return the subs, but i can return the amp, what kind of amp would you recommend?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 311
Are you wannting to stay with Rockford? If not how much money are you looking to spind?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 312
The hifonic's Bx1500D would work good, 500 watt's to each sub, and it isn't near as expencive as Rockford's amp's.

jargnard
Unregistered guest
it doesn't matter if i stay with rockford, my limit is around $400

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 313
The hifonic's Bx1500D is in the $200 range! and everyone will tell you that it is a good amp!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 318
The Mtx 1501D would also work, but it is $429 at www.acaraudio.com
The Hifonic's Bx1500D is $249 at www.sonicelectronix.com

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 319
correction, the hifonic's is $239 not $249

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 313
I would go with the MTX over the HIfonics.(in a heart beat)

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 320
Why the hate for Hifonic's, true it is half the price of Mtx, but for the price Hifonic's amp's are built well!

Bronze Member
Username: Thrust

Post Number: 81
Orion HCCA2100 (2 x 400w @ 1 ohm)
with this amp you can get two more of those subs and run it @ .5 ohm stereo (2 x 800w @ .5 ohm). But you had better have a beefy electrical system or this thing will melt your she0t.

jargnard
Unregistered guest
so basically anything one channel thats 1 ohm stable would work, right?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 326
Ya, but your sub's creat a 2 ohm load, that is the number's you need to look at.

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 66
you can also keep your rf amp and get another amp of your choice and run 1 sub to each amp at 2ohm and you will be fine...

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 67
woops my fault not 2ohm it would have to be 1 or 4ohms..heres an example...Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us