Car amplifier problem

Circuit Man
Unregistered guest
Can anybody help me?

I have an amp i wich to conect to my car. The problem is that it is the stock radio/CD and does have the remote power up cable. I need this to turn my amp on. Its a pioneer amp. How can i create this remote power up. I do know that if i run the 12 volt line directly into the remote system i might fry it. Is there a good way to create a mini circuit to do this job.

Also the radio does not have RCAS so im using the speaker wires to the speaker wires input on the amp.

If you are not to busy, i would like your help..... Has anybody done this!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1272
If your HU doesn't come with remote wire connector, you can either use your ignition wire or the cig lighter. They only operate with the ignition switch on or engine on.
Best thing to do is get HU upgrade. Using speaker as an input is okay, but it will not give you much bass and induce distortion.

Circuit Man
Unregistered guest
Ok, so the remote wire connector will accept the 12v. I was afraid it was going to get fried... thanks... I cant upgrade. Its a corolla with a 6 disc in-dash. I love the convenience of 6 instead of 1....

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 305
yes it accepts a 12volt but not a constant 12volt you have to make sure it is a switched power supply like isaac said either your cig lighter fuse or your radio fuse in the fuse block of your vehicle.
James
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us