Help amp wont turn on!!!!!!

Username: Kid1826

Post Number: 1
ok here's the situation....i purchased a DIgital Audio amp and an audiobahn sub..i hooked everything thing up and it worked great, the next day while I had it on it turned off on me..then about 3 hours later it worked fine.. then after of about 10 of working it turned off and thats where i am now.. I am getting power to the amp through the power cable, and all of the fuses are fine..but i havent checked if i am getting power through the remote wire..i need help..please!!!!! another question if i have 2 20watt fuses in my amp and a 40 AGU fuse in my power cable will this work fine or do i ave to buy a bigger AGU fuse??? had a friend tell me to buy a 60watt AGU fuse

Username: Rsxs

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 2
Unless your 40A fuse blew... leave it alone.

sounds like you have thermal issues. make sure the amp can breathe! If it overheats it will shut down. Then it should start up again... if this keeps happening its cause your amp need either a larger heat sink or a fan by it... make sure air can get to it easily.

good luck

Post Number: 2
my car is a hatchback..so i imagine it gets plenty of air...im gonna replace my remote wire tommorrow..i'll keep ya updated

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 7
if your gonna test the remote wire... just jump a wire from the remote terminal to the 12+ terminal on the amp (leaving out the remote wire). if it works fine like that, then you have to figure out how to wire your remote to your HU

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 8
i should of said that (the above statement) will tell you if the remote wire is what needs to be replaced.

Post Number: 3
well...i figured out the problem...after further review, it was the ground wire, the screw i was using slightly came out and bingo...thanks anyways for the tips...

Post Number: 4
found the poblem, after further searching, it was the ground wire..the screw slightly came out...thanks for the tips tho...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us