Audiocontrol overdrive

Bronze Member
Username: Runthunter

Post Number: 16
Anybody have any experience with one of these? I am going to buy an eclipse cd8454 this weekend which is an 8v head and my memphis amp is 5v. This should fix my voltage missmatch. Just wondering if this would be my best choice or is there anything else that would be better or more useful. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 70
dude just turn the gain to adjust properly , the amp will clip if you go to high, that overdrive will crank 13v into that amp quick like

Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 4
13 volts is the peak...it only puts out 9.5V rms...13V would throw the overdrive itself into protect. I own the Audiocontrol Matrix and it works great...If your amp can't handle an input sensitivity of more than 5V...it's a waste of money to buy the overdrive.

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 27
can the same be said about the epicenter?
my kicker 600.1 input sensitivity is right at 5v.
can under-rated help me in this problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
don't get an overdrive for a 5V input sensitivity...just get great RCA wires (stinger expert of streetwires ZN6) and you'll be fine. don't forget that your 8V headunit is a max output...so this is only when its cranked the hell up...on average 2-5V will be outputted. Just get good wiring and you'll thank me later for saving your money on the overdrive because your amp can't handle it and won't do you any good. The overdrive will only make the signal stronger and it is already strong enough.

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 28
i was referring to the epicenter that is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Can the same be said about it??? the item is 9.5V rms as well...is that what your asking?

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 30
yes thats my worry.
thanks for you timely response
ill just have to keep it low
whats my worse case scenario while using the epicenter? protection all the time or hot amp maybe blown power supply?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
I don't it'll be a problem...because you lose some signal through long wires and again like I said, its only 8V max...most of the time, you will be way under that. You should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 55
The overdrive is made for old school HU's with low outputs. Your 8 volt out HU is more than enough for most amps. Dont worry about running 8 volts to your amp, You'll melt a voice coil before you get there.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 31
If you haven't bought the cd8454 yet, i have a cd8053 for sale with the 37604 (balance box) for sale. asking 425 shipped. It will do a balanced 8 volt down to the blanace box, then a single RCA comes out with 16v :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us