2005 corolla, need help with amp and stock cd

Anonymous

I want to conect an amp and 2 subs to stock radio in corolla 2005. What should I use as the remote power up, i i cant use the antena. and where can i get speaker input if no rca's with out losing power in watts. please help..

Anonymous

anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Jmiller

Post Number: 15
yes you can use the power antena cable for the remote or you can get and AMP with smart-engage (using speaker level input the AMP goes on when you turn on the radio). As far as connecting the AMP to the stock radio, you have two choices- buy a converter (radio speaker's wire to the converter and connect the AMP to the RCA on the conv) or buy an AMP with speaker level input.

caraloco
Unregistered guest
im afraid using the antenna, ill only get amplified if listening to radio. my amp accepts speaker inputs, but will it lower the wattage of the speakers. because it only has 4 speakers....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Using SLI will not lower the wattege of your speakers(as far as I now). What are you going to use the AMP for? For the radio and what else?

Anonymous

i want ot use it maily for my cd player, my stco cd player is a 6 disc changer. What is SLI

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
SLI= speaker level Input. I guess my question is how would you use your AMP when the radio is not on?

Anonymous

yeah, thats the biggy i have right now. can i conect the switched o direct voltage to where the remote power up, will it fry it. I can always add another switch, then ill use the amp whenever i want...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I still don't understand what you're trying to do, What other sources of input would you connect to the AMP? What do you mean by "using the AMP whenever you want? If it's not for the radio, what else do you want to use it for?

Anonymous

Whenever i want means cd and radio. i am thinkin of creating a bridge between the remote start up and the 12 volt lead wire. I will use a switch on the remote start up wire to turn the amp on or off. Then if i want to listen to music i turnit on, and if not in the mood of amplifying i can turn it off.
If i put 12v on the remote start will it fry it. What do you think. How much voltage can it take....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
If I understand correctly, you have two radio, one w/o a CD. Or are we talking about a portable CD player? And you want both devices to have access to both the AMP and speakers on demand. If that is the case, I don't know enough to help you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us