Kicker amp going into protection mode.

Steve Fort
Unregistered guest
Ok, I've got a problem. I have a Kicker KX600.4 powering two Sony front speakers (4 ohm) and one Infinity woofer (4 ohm). I've had this setup for about 6 months now, and have never had a problem with it. A few weeks ago, I'm driving down the road and I hear a small popping noise in the front speakers and the amp goes into protection mode. Now it seems to randomly go into protection mode (I hear the same "popping" in the front speakers each time. Sometimes I can listen to the stereo for an hour or more, and sometimes it goes into protection the second I turn the HU on. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the volume on the HU or the gains on the amp. The gains on the amp were set correctly when I installed it (about 1/3 for front, and 1/2 for the sub, and to my knowledge have never been set higher than this). If anyone has an idea as to why this is happening, I would appreciate any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 12
check ur gorunds to ur amps like the connection to ur amp and then the connection to ur ground. then second check if all ur speaker wires from ur amps to ur speakers are not cut in any way or to make sure they are not touching one another. the popping noise is def wires that are loose. if u were to take a 9v battery and hook the positive and negative to the positive and negative to the battery u will hear the popping noise but that would urt the speakers. it is def two wires touching but check ur ground just in case that could be a problem too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us