Amplifier Won't Turn on

Unregistered guest
I was driving home from work a day ago. Well, I must have been extremely tired from working all night and well, I didn't put enough gas when releasing the clutch to take off and the car shut off. When I started the car I noticed the amplifier wouldn't turn on anymore...HELP!!! What could be the problem???

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 32
This could anything from a fuse to a lose wire and at the worst a fried amp. Does the head unit work. If it does I would start at the battery check the wire then the fuse. A test light will tell you If the wire is hot at the amp. Check the fuse in the amp. Then check the remote wire to the head unit. If all this is ok Then check the wires to the sub. If it all looks ok. I would take the amp out and hook it straight to the battery and see if it will come on.

Username: Slinz_brrsd

Post Number: 1
I have a similar problem. No power to the amp and no power to the head unit. I have checked every possible fuse and all wires leading to the amp and back to the head unit. When I drove to work it was fine, but when I went to leave, no radio. I have an Alpine V12 mrv-f357 amp with a Kenwood head unit. Any help is appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 39
Scott
You need a meter or a test light to establish if power is there. If you have power at the head unit and it does not power up. There is something wrong inside or the ground wire is lose. You could run two wires from the battery straight to the head unit and see if it still works. You need to get power to the head unit first then check the amp out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us