Will this work, will it be loud, will I really feel it?

Bronze Member
Username: Chronisch

Post Number: 12
I think I'm gonna go for 2 10W7's, powered by a 500/1 amp, with a 300/4 to front and rear dynaudio 360's. will I need a new alternator, or capcitator(does that exsist?), or new battery? will that work even? also, if I have a large sedan, will I really be able to feel the bass? I want it to feel really strong because I love that feeling... will this do the trick?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3044
You'll need more power for both the subs and the components. For 2 10W7s, you'd need a 1000/1 amp (or two 500/1s, but the 1000/1 is cheaper and easier to install). For the Dynaudios, you will NEED 200W RMS to each component set. I'm running a 300/2 on 1 System 360 set and they would do better with more power. They love power and 75W RMS to each set just isn't gonna cut it, I promise you. Also, I really wouldn't recommend putting 360s in the rear either, if anything just do midbass drivers, such as the 260 mid crossed over from 150hz-2khz or so. If you're really trying to impress passengers, then you can do it, but IMO it's wasted money and will do you (the driver) no benefit. You will most likely need an alternator for this system, somewhere in the 200A range. Capacitor isn't really needed, but it does give peace of mind, but the alternator is the main priority. You may want to consider a deep cycle battery for the system, but again that's optional. You will be able to feel the bass with this system no problem, just listen to the subs and compare them to others to develop your opinion on the SQ of them.

Bronze Member
Username: Chronisch

Post Number: 13
wow, thanks so much. anther question though, if I end up getting a 360 in front, 260 in back, what amp should I get to power them?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3049
Preferably seperate 2 channel amps for the sets if anything. I'd recommend just front speakers for optimum SQ, but of course if you want to impress rear passengers then you'll want something back there. An amplifier such as the Kicker 800.2 would work for the front components, or if you want to go even nicer you could get something like a Zapco Reference 750.2 for the fronts. Then, a matching amp with less power for the rear speakers, 50-75x2 would do those saying you don't want them to be as loud as the fronts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us