Mono Vs Sterio Amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 48
I am in serch of a 500 or 1000 watts RMS amp.
I just want to know that which type of AMP S/M will run nicely to 2 12" Subs + 2 full range speakers.And what is the main difference as listing point of view between mono and sterio?
which one is more better.
It is the beggining to buy an amp first,so don't ask me to tell u the specifications of my speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 59
you cant really run subs and speakers off the same amp. due to the power difference between subs and speakers and also due to the frequency that you set your crossovers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
what should i do to get them work togther...Any single PowerAmp cant do that...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
are All subs just only produce bass or they also play
midrange/Tones ?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 204
Subs are just as the name implies, sub bass frequencies, as opposed to mid bass. Usually 20hz - 80hz or some where around there.
Fullrange coaxial speakers and component systems play everything else.
You can buy 5 and 6 channel amplifiers so you have 4 channels for your normal speakers, then bridge the back two channels for your sub, usually saves some money instead of having to buy an amp for each component set, sub, etc.
When you setup your amp, you set the crossover on it so that those frequencies DON'T get played through your sub, consider it's not designed for those frequencies. Normally they're set around 80hz for the Low Pass Filter (LPF) and 20hz for the sub-sonic High Pass Filter (HPF).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Is there any other way to run speakers with Subs by using a 2 channel amp.actually i am doing it to attach with computer.If i only Add a powerAmp
with my PC I will only be able to listen low frequencies.So i don't need a headUnit but i require an Hardware equlizer to get a volume,bass and treble control.
What other people do while they run couple of Subs and speakers toghther in Cars...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us