To much power?

Username: Guitarplayer

Post Number: 1
right now i have a kenwood kac7201 running my two 12"s. im going to buy a kenwood 8101d to run my subs which would give them the desired 200rms to each. then i want to use the kac7201 to power my components which are 100 rms each. the amp puts out 150 rms x 2 at 4Ohms. my question is would it be bad for them to have them much power being sent to them even if i turned down the gain and stuff?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1154
Chris, gain is not a volume control. Do not use it that manner. Match the HU's voltage to the amp's input with the gain control.
You can supply extra power to speakers as long as it's clean. It will now blow them. You will find that most speakers are pretty durable.
Why are you buying Kenwood amps? They're not the greatest for your money. You'll get much better sound quality from Zapco/Orion/PPI/RF/Kicker/JL/JBL/Audiobahn/MTX.
Besides, Kenwood tend to tell half truths when it comes to power rating just like Sony and Pyramid.
You see them advertising "1000W" amp everywhere. I haven't seen 1000W from any of them so far. I tested Kenwood's so called 1000W amp. It shuts down way before it reaches or comes close to their number. So it's half truth and half lie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us