Help with Protect Light

neumann
Unregistered guest
I just got my amp installed and the protect light wont go off. The only way that it will go off is if either the ground or the remote wire are unplugged. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 37
yeah... ok, was it installed yourself or professionally? JUST ASKING... anyway you need to check if the groud wire is in a good spot,( connected to the chassis and the spot needs to be wire brushed to be sure) if thats not the problem you need to check behind the cd head, if you are sure that the remote wire is hooked up correctly it must not be getting enough power. ( this is more likly your problem) all you have to do is splice into a wire that supplies power to something when the car is on, for example the cig. lighter. thats is where i run the remote wire when the one behind the cd head ain't strong enough.

Unregistered guest
i just installed my amp myself, a sony 500w 3/4ch amp, i am running some components off 2channels, and a 1000w 12inch woofer with the other 2channels, approxx 250w. It all runs good, but at a loud,undistorted volume, the amp protect light comes on after running for a while.
It is very frustrating, could it have anything to do with the earth? would it be better to run the sub off 1channel, and turn up the level a bit? If ther is any other info,or advice you can give me would be much appriciated. Please email me on gismwism@hotmail.com for the answer. cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 40
What are the ohms of the subs and how do you have them hooked up? Sounds like the ohms are to low and working the amp to hard making the kick out.

Unregistered guest
the subwoofer has 2xsets of terminals +-,+-. the sub box says 4ohms+4ohms. I have it bridged from the amp,straight to the sub, and the instructions say to do that, aswell as run a xtra wire from each sub terminal to the other two, so= bridged wires to the first set of sub terminals, then another wire from the -terminal & +terminal to the other two.
On the diagram, it says one amp to 1xwoofer(unbridged) =8ohms, or one amp to 1xsub (bridged) =2ohms.
Iv just tryed 1x unbridged channel,turned the gain up a little, seems to be fine, and sounds ok. Any chance of trouble that way???
Ofcourse it sounds better bridged!
thanks donald, any help would be great!

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 41
I don't follow you. How many channels does the amp have. You have a box with two subs in it. Does the box have one or two terminals on it. Are the sub in the box wired Parallel or Series and how many ohms are each sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us