So i got rear ended...uh oh

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 346
So I got rear ended. My volume was at 0 before the hit so I couldn't tell when the volume went out. After exchanging info, I got back in the car and none of my amps had power. Remote wire from the speaker amp was disconnected, but everything for the sub amp was fine. I heard no bass though. The sub amp is mounted on top of the sub box, which was screwed down to the trunk floor, and the it came out of place after the hit...could the amp be messed up after this?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 116
that sucks..if it is damaged
will that be covered by insurance seeing as how its his fault? i know u need extra insurance for theft if u have more than 1000$ worth of equipment thats what it is where i live anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1120
Just how hard were you hit? For an amp/wires to get damaged from a hit, it had to be some force. Most amps will take some shocks before it breaks down. There are no moving parts inside an amp except a fan.
Get a DMM and measure all power wires. You either got a broken fuse or wire somewhere.
I always try and keep an eye on who's behind me cause of that.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 355
so the DMM has a pos and neg. What do i connect to what to test the wires/amps? thank Isaac

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1131
Use the DMM to check your power cables. Make sure you get 12V on them. Check your remote wire cable too.
Check your speaker wires for shorts. If everything looks okay, then touch one of the rca cables on the amp's input terminal. You should hear a distortion. Check both channels for stereo amp. If that's good, then your amp and speaker is fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us