2 12" Infinity Subs and a 500watt MTX amp Installation Help!!

Username: Davidking86

Post Number: 1
I just bought two Infinity 12" Subs and a 500watt MTX 2 channel AMP. And I just bought the car im installin it in. Its a 1999 Ford Taurs SHO. I need some help on how to install and wire it correctly. There is no possible way to install a aftermarket cdplayer in the dash. I searched for hours on it. It does have a 6 disc changer in the trunk though. Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1138
You'll need to get amp wiring kit from Walmart. It's around $30. Then follow the instruction that comes with it. Not hard at all. Just takes time. You can install just about anything on a car. If this is your first install, you might want to get it done by a professional. Sometimes they will let you watch, most won't.
If your HU comes with rca preout jacks, then use that to connect with the MTX amp.

Username: Davidking86

Post Number: 2
That is good for a normal car, but this is a Taurus SHO. It is impossible to put an aftermarket Player in the dash... Because of the Digital climate control system... its all one piece.

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 14
for the head unit, if your car has a theft lock you may need a bypass. if you know how the theft lock works you'll understand what i mean. the bypass is a device that makes the car think that the regular stock cd player is in and it bypasses the theft lock.

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 15
(continued) your best bet would to have your head unit professionaly installed, but the amp wiring is easy to do, you can do taht yourself
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us