6 200 watt subs to a 1200.1 amp in series or parrell?

CHI TOWN GUY
Unregistered guest
#1 i talked with glasswolf and he gave me a lot of help but i need to know how to wire all 6 subs to 1 mono amp.the subs are 4 ohms each and the amp is 1-2 ohms i cant find a diagram that showes how to hook up all 6 so please help
#2 when hooking up two batterys how do i do this with the isolater

#3 i got both batterys the isolater and a better alt do i also need a cap if yes how big

#4 i just want to get as much as possible out of this set up and i dont want to blow anything up SO PLEASE HELP I WOULD BE VERRY THANKFULL

glasswolf please look and try to help please
Unregistered guest
please

Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 5
Here is what I could find. Sorry I can't help you on the other things.I could not find six sub this is four and if you hook more than 4 it might drop the ohms lower.
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 15
WHAT IS THAT AMP AND THE SPEAKERS

Post Number: 6
Six 4ohms sub wired in parallel the amp will see a load of 0.66667 ohms

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

CHI TOWN GUY
Unregistered guest
man thanks so much!!I can really see what to do at this page its a great deal of help.i was lost and did not know where to start.now i have 1 last question.ok my amp is 1200.1 right my subs are 200watts rms and 400 peak.lets say i went ahead and got 2 more subs and 1 more amp.that gives me 8 subs at 4ohms and 2 1200.1 amps right and if i hook up 4subs to 1 amp at 1ohm THAT WOULD GIVE ME 300WATTS TO EACH SUB RIGHT BETWEEN 200 AND 400 WITCH THE SUBS ARE RATED and if I do the same with the rest would that be logical?or am i still lost.[LOL]ok i had 2 questions the last one is if that will work do you would think it would hit as hard as i need and would i need to look for anything special in my head unit thanks for the info and thanks for all the future info in advance

Post Number: 8
If the 1200.1 amp is stable on a 1ohms load it should work with 4 subs on each amp. I don't know about how many watts each sub will get. Also I can't help you on your head unit. I think two amps like that with 4 sub on each amp would get me all I would ever want. But you will have to try it to find out.

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 37
hey CHI TOWN GUY,Now you should be a register user here.

Why you are hooking so many subs?this will punnish you.In my openion you should get some decent Subs according to your amp specifiacations.

chi town guy
Unregistered guest
cause i got a good deal on the subs what do you mean it will punnish me do you think that set up would work or no

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 39
which vehicle you have ?
by the way # too many subs inside,it will kill the actual harmonic bass.

Go a head if it is a bus.

chi town guy
Unregistered guest
its a astro van.what is harmonic bass?see thats why im here cause i dont know what im doing lol so please feel free to give me some tips cause i need as many as i can get thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us