So my buddy finds this amp...

beish
Unregistered guest
just when i decide to put a system in my car, my buddy finds this amp in a park. he says he fixed it up and it works fine (lets assume so) and i am thinking about putting it in my car. I just want to know some specs on this thing before i do anything, b/c i cannot find out anything about it...it says "ultradrive" in the middle and z1200 in the lower right, and weighs about 12lbs and is black...i do believe that makes it a cadence brand, but i cannot find the exact picture anywhere (i checked the cadence site)...i'd be happy to send a picture of it to someone...i just want to know how much it puts out, how much it is worth, and if it would be good for my infinity perfect system for the highs

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 205
"750 Watts @ 2 ohm Mono Sub amp "

Thats all the info I could basically find about it. And I seen one place selling it for $449.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1081
A picture would help. Post a shot of the amp from the top, side, front and back. That'll help to determine the power of the amp and some of the features.

beisch
Unregistered guest
the picture files are like 60kb, so too big to post...what is the difference b/w a sub amp and a regular one? can you use a sub amp for regular speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 53
not really. mono amps only give out mono sound and not stereo. and they dont have any high pass filters, so ur speakers will be playing all your low frequency bass. and the amp gives out 750w @2 ohm. so uve got to find 750w worth of speakers and then wire them to give 2ohms

beisch
Unregistered guest
what type of amp should i buy to complete my system? i have a self powered sub, so i dont need to worry about that, i have a clarion proaudio receiver, kappa perfects up front (100w), and some other kappas in back (62.5i i think at 75w)..i need something to help the highs, b/c if the volume gets too high, then the sound is scratched...i am figuring i will need like what, (25-100w RMS, 400w peak for perfects...2-75w RMS 225w peak)? help me out here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us