A little help with the wattage in my system?

fat4free
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Kicker 12" CRV's which run at 800peak/400rms and a performance teknique 800 watt amp. I've blown the rca connectors on my amp b4 and now my power supply in it i think is blown. Whats my problem here. Its not so loud as to create distortion but the amp was turned up nearly all the way. I also have a 1.5f cap that i use. Is that necessary? Should i get another amp just like the other one to power each speaker so the amp wont mess up? also i would think that my amp turned all the way up would be good because it would run at each speaker's rms. I dont really know that much about subs tho so can anyone help me?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 398
Yeah from what I found that amp is only putting out around 75 watts rms. That isn't near enough to push 2 12s. Don't pay attention to max wattage. The way they acheive that number is in a way you will never duplicate in a car. From now on pay attention to rms. So I would get an amp that is rated close to 600 watts rms. That will make a HUGE diffrence.

Something else to keep in mind. Stay away from flee market brands like performance teknique. They are bad about going out just like your has.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us