Mtx , rockford f. or audiobahn

Username: Cesar147

Mcallen tx, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
could somebody tellme which amp is better for my pair of kicker solobaric 15 . i wanna put them together(in serie they are 4 ohms) so i need a mono amp or tellme if its better a 2 channels amp. i got three choices they are the next :Audiobahn Mono-Channel Amplifier (A8000T)
MTX Mono Subwoofer Amplifier (MXA4001
Rockford Fosgate Punch 1500W Bridgeable 2-Channel MOSFET Amplifier with Selectable Bass Boost

Model: P5002(the rockford fosgate is 2 channels the mtx and the audiobahn are mono amps)
so which one you think is more powerfuil for my pair of subwoofers

Username: Ssj_4_vegeta

Redgranite, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 3
if it is an old school rockfordfosgate amp get it cuz they will make those things pund ohh so hard but if its not and old school rockford amp then your probably better off getting the audiobahn amp hope that helps

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1057
You're comparing apples and oranges. That RF model is much higher in price vs A8000T and MTA4001. If you're looking for similar power to RF, then try differnt models for MTX and Audiobahn. A8000T is only like $150.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 82
Also the P5002 isn't a 1500 watt amp! You are looking at peak, or max power. You need to look at the rms rating's. I believe the p5002 is a 500 watt amp to 1 sub at 4 ohms. With 2 subs they will be getin 250 watt's each. Just whonted to clear that up.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 25
also i believe a l5 15" solobaric is 750w rms and a l7 is 1000w rms. so your going to need an amp at well over 1000w rms. or even more depending on what type of solobarics youve got. so those amps are well out of the question. also you can wire thos subs so you get a 1 ohm impedance. so it may be easier to find an amp which puts out that power at 1 ohm.

but anyway first find out the total rms power of those subs. and then look at getting a different amp. perhaps a rf 15001bd or a audiobahn hct or a hifonics brutus 1500btx

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 354
not really, a RF power 501bd would be great for that L7 15. My buddy has one on his sub and it slams extremly hard. But if you insist on 1000rms then i would recommend the Power 1001bd.
Oh you have two, then get a power 1001bd or 1501bd. or a kicker amp would be good. just compare all the rms values to get the rite amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
seriously a 15" l7 can run off a rf 5001bd. and still hit hard. i tried runnig a sub at half power once and it sounded sh1t. probly because it was a cheap splx amp. and i suppose we re talkin about r.f as well, which have a well underrated power written on them

Anonymous

RF makes great amps. Get theirs

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
its actually a 501bd but i know what u meant. and yes it will hit hard. it really puts out about 650 rms at 2 ohms. it makes that L7 hit hard. I know that the L7 handles 1000 rms but we built a 8.5 cuft. box for and it bottoms out alot when turned up loud. he usually keeps the gain about half way or a little higher. i think it bottoms because of the box though. Jon or Glass could explain more. he just ordered another and hes gonna get another 501bd.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
he might need another alternator as well. lol. and an ear doctor. what car is it in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
yeah hes gonna get a 270 amp alt. he has a 1 farad cap and its all in a dodge durango. were gonna make another box that has about 4.5 cuft. for each of the subs and were gonna port em and tune em low.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
sweet. ur goona be able to hear that from like a mile away lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
maybe, but his one sub right now does not travel out of the truck alot. you can barely hear it. But inside is a different story. That thing is loud and hits extremely hard at really low freqs. Just listen to Lil Scrappy "No Problem" that is the song it hits hardest on, real low bass. The sub doesnt play high freq at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us